P

phyrexia

Here we go...

1 Anger
1 Vesuvan Doppelganger
1 Bloodfire Colossus
1 Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Spirit of the Night (I'd like an Akroma here)
1 Verdant Force
1 Sundering Titan

4 Buried Alive
1 Entomb
4 Exhume
3 Animate Dead
3 Necromancy
3 Lightning Bolt
1 Disintegrate
3 Diabolic Edict
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Yawgmoth's Will
2 Crucible of Worlds
1 Maze of Ith

3 Dark Ritual
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
3 Wasteland
11 Swamp
2 Badlands (got to get 2 more)
4 Mountain
/62 cards

I'm open for suggestions...!

Phyrexia

/Edit: Minor changes. Added Sundering Titan. Settled on 4/3/3 Exhume/Animate Dead/Necromancy

R

Rooser

Reanimate and Life/Death are better spells for this kind of deck than Necromancy and Animate Dead.

Also, in a two-player matchup, Petradon is an awesome target. If they play first, then they'll have two land out by the time you reanimate it, and so you get to eat their lands and start swinging for 5. It's totally wrong.

Before Entomb got banned in extended, I had a mini-toolbox approach with this deck using Reya Dawnbringer and little dudes with echo that blew various permanents up when they came into play.

I was all like:

Reya Dawnbringer
Avalanche Riders
Keldon Vandals
Bone Shredder
Monk Realist <---- (Okay, he doesn't have echo, but I couldn't find one that blew up enchantments)

Just a thought.

P

phyrexia

I don't like Reanimate, because of the lifeloss. Especially in a multiplayer game you would die too quickly using it several times...

Petradon seems not bad, but if you want to blow up lands why not use Sundering Titan?

I don't like Reya that much, but maybe I should test her again... that mini combo with echo creatures seems really useful.

thanx

P

phyrexia

mmmh.. that could work... I'll test with one. I don't think 2 would fit, and it's expensive too (5 mana).

Maybe one Beacon of Unrest...?

Got other cool creatures in mind?

phy

R

Rooser

I understand the fear of life loss in a multiplayer game, and in multiplayer, I also agree that Sundering Titan would be better. That said, I really think you should run a Sundering Titan. If you can pop him off early, you can seriously stunt everybody's development.

Also, I think you'll like the Reya Dawnbringer toolbox approach. It's great in a multiplayer game that drags out. Again, the trick is good echo creatures that blow stuff up when they come into play. Also, you can take it to the hole with a Ball Lightning or a Blistering Firecat that keeps coming back for more.

As for Terror v. Diabolic Edict - I think you'll like Edict more. You already have targeted removal with Lightning Bolts, (A nice touch indeed), and Edict effects just get around so much crap.

My only other concern is that you don't really have a way to get creatures out of your hand. Of course, splashing blue for draw/discard effects would work, but I have the feeling you don't want to do that. Cabal Therapy can be used on yourself, but there are few decks where that is actually efficient, (I have one friend who uses them like this to kind of make up for the restriction of entomb). I think a long-forgotten card that would do the trick just fine is Tortured Existence. It's a common, and shouldn't be hard to get.

P

phyrexia

@Rooser
Yeah, I'm really curious about that toolbox minicombo :p
could be real fun... although I haven't seen a Reya survive longer than 2 turns in our group :(
The titan could be worth a slot. I'll test this asap.
Arcanis could be cool too.

Thanks!

F

Force of Will Smith

Reya is amazing.. I run 2 of her in my U/B reanimator..

But yeah, in a group game... i wouldnt expect you to get more than 1 upkeep with her, if that..

It's a shame your not using blue, cause intuition and mind bomb are great for filling your graveyard.

R

Rooser

Okay, FoWsmith, here's your scorecard:

1. Joined the CPA - 0 points.
2. Was only one to give my Mutant Bidding deck the appreciation it deserved. +1 (1 point total).
3. Accused SeFRo of lying. -20 (-19 points total).
4. Got chewed out by SeFRo hard-core and then pseudo apologized. +15 (-4 points total).
5. Necroed a thread for no good reason. -2 (-6 points total).
6. Suggested using mindbomb in a reanimator deck. +10 (4 points total).

Congratualtions on joining us back over here in positive contribution land.

Now, if you want an additional ten points, tell me to take my arrogant, elitist oink and get out of your face.;)

M

Mikeymike

Its expensive, but Cauldron Dance is a heluva lot of fun. Seems to go against the grain of the deck, but you'd pickup crazy style points.

I'd drop the Crucible Combo, it really just seems to take the spunk out of the deck. I know its good, but it is just cruel. Besides, those could be more fatties, which are far more enjoyable.

I'd put Phantom Nishoba in here. Tough to kill, and swings some serious life. Excellent fatty. Tornado Elemental is another underrated puppy.

Regarding the Reanimation side, I feel like you either need a more recursive element, or you need mass recursion. Recurring Nightmare and Living Death (Oversoul shout-out). Zombie Infestation, and 187 critters are good with the Nightmare.

Another alternative, though it takes the deck in a different direction: Dawn of the Dead/Corpse Dance, with Goblin Bombardment.

R

Rooser

No, Oversoul. You got like 25 points for each deck you posted that had 4 copies of restricted cards in it. That's a pretty solid buffer.

On the other hand my score is kept fairly low because I'm the only jerk here who takes the time to pick on newbies.

Except for Homestar. You just gotta love that kid no matter what.

Anyway, last I checked:

Rule 513.4a. Picking on newbies is minus ten, (-10), points.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well in that case, this deck should have 4x Entomb...

Actually, that doesn't really do so much. I thought they were going to unrestrict Entomb already.

Well, in that case, a few more Wheel of Fortunes could help this deck out... ;)

F

Force of Will Smith

@Rooser: HAHAHahahaha...

Well hey that's not bad... hmm i should post my Okk Tech deck to try to gather up some points!!

J

jorael

shallow grave + Nicol Bolas!

I got that from the duelist with the Mirage spoiler. I use cauldron dance, however. Cauldron Dance + scrivener (in hand or graveyard, no need to have blue mana) is just sick. Just keep sending Nicol Bolas to opponents, or let Havoc Demon go to the graveyard.

EDIT: I really like Bloodfire Collossus and Sundering Titan

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If Nicol Bolas were in the decklist, that work. As it is, most of the creatures in the deck are poor targets for Shallow Grave, although I suppose a few are bombs...