B/R Groundpounder

W

Whimsical

Aaahhhh ... another control-oriented deck. <laughs> It's because of this and that Miller deck that I keep playing with mah Goblin deck. Nothing like nuking someone by turn 4 to soothe overtaxed synapses. :D But I digress...

Using a Magnifying Glass to Burn Ants: (22)
4 Rain of Tears
4 Stone Rain
4 Flowstone Flood
2 Lay Waste
2 Pillage
2 Wildfire
2 Orcish Settlers
2 Army Ants

Stepping on the Ants: (10)
3 Diabolic Edict
3 Bone Shredder
2 Breath of Darigaaz
1 Shard Phoenix
1 Hammer of Bogardan

Laying the Smacketdown: (4)
4 Wildfire Emissary

Trying to Accelerate a Really Slow Deck: (8)
2 Sandstone Needle
2 Peat Bog
4 Dark Ritual

Fueling the Meanness: (16)
8 Mountain
8 Swamp

Trying to accelerate the deck using inexpensive (monetary-wise) has really been driving moi buggy. <laughs> And I know Pillage would be perfect in the deck ... I'll add 'em as soon as I lay mah greedy paws on a set. Ditto for the Dustbowls. The Wildfire is essentially a fun card ... and it's free safety just in case all the other methods of LD sulk at the bottom of the library.

I've done some experimentation with Raze, but I find that it really drags the deck down. Losing a land on the first turn won't really do more than piss off a weenie deck, while crippling you.

Icequake looks nice ... but it would entail a heavier black component to the deck. Not a good thing, I think.

The full thing when completed would look something like this...

4 Rain of Tears
4 Stone Rain
4 Pillage
4 Flowstone Flood
2 Army Ants
2 Dustbowl

3 Diabolic Edict
3 Bone Shredder
2 Shard Phoenix
2 Hammer of Bogardan

2 Sandstone Needle
2 Peatbog
4 Dark Ritual

8 Mountain
8 Swamp

Hmmm ... all I need are the Pillages ... the Dustbowls ... the Shard Phoenix and the Hammer. <laughs> Apart from the lousy Phoenix which seems to have fled off to the mountains ... there shouldn't be much problem with the cards. :)

Comments? Criticisms? Flames? Passionate essays expounding mah wisdom? <laughs> I can live without the essays though ... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking you need a couple more lands... 20 looks to be a little light. Maybe the red/black pain/depletion land or Gemstone Mine or something that gives both colors...

But I don't know, maybe you can get away with 20 <shrug>

W

Whimsical

I suppose I could drop the Orcish Settlers for a couple of Urborg Volcanoes. Those are way better than <shudder> Lava Tubes.

I still remember that Necro deck I saw that used Lava Tubes and that R/B Pain land to add in Bolts and Incinerates. <laughs> He told me he was so ticked off about losing to a Whirling Dervish that he added the cheese. He had really janky mana though ... the price of progress, I guess. :)