Awesome Cards

H

Homestar

i have one of these binders that i bought it says "collector's album" on the front and it has pages made in it and stuff.....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Killer Joe
Star City Games article writer Nate Heiss is from my area (Pittsburgh) and I've traded with him and have seen him in action. He pretty much thinks that most binders are chalk full of dollar rares (perhaps) but his binder is full of $5 rares and above. The problem is that a lot of his rares are the rares that everyone ELSE has. My City of Brass (mint) is worth $1 but HIS City of Brass (any condition) is worth at least $10 - $15.

I won't trade with him anymore.

Nice guy, though!

Homestar: Your binder looks just fine. But of course, to these Cherry Pickers (good title decsription Isty) all of your rares suck, even your best ones.
Wow, I have traded with exactly that sort of player...

Killer Joe

Nate is a cool guy (mostly) and writes well. In fact, when he started writing, his angle was "The working class magic player". A 'for the people' type player. Now he's Q'd a few times and is a near regular on the pro-tour. It's just that his trading habits are ill mannered, that's all. And that's just MY opinion.

T

train

Makes you wonder how his trading habits compare to others on the tour...:)

H

Homestar

while we are talkin aout Pro's, yesterday i picked up a Seige-Gang Commander signed by Kev Walker:)

Killer Joe

I think it doesn't really matter if a person is on the pro-tour or not. Bad trading habits will be bad trading habits.

Homestar: Ha! I have one even better! I have an Ice Age Counterspell signed by none other than blue's best friend,...........TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :D

B

boozehound

Homestar, i have to say that as far as your rare binder is concerned, for your age it is good (as has already been stated), and has been said in threads before there is no such thing as a bad card (but i will admit some are better than others). Everyone starts somewhere, even current world champions probably thought erosion was a great card at one time(maybe). The thing is, you will only get stronger from here, and when you finally convince your parents that magic is not a game played by a load of people ready to rip you off, or you get old enough so it does not matter what they say and you are earning your own money and can do what you like with it, things will invariably improve. It is the combos that you can think of with the cards you have got that makes the player, as is proved with each generation "new deck" that currently wins tournaments and everyone wants to copy. That is the beauty of magic, infinite combos, thousands of cards..............it is all just there to be discovered.

Killer Joe

I never thought I would ever use Triskelion. I have a 4E copy of it and it had just been sitting there for years until one day when this lady met this fella..........no, no, no, WAIT, I mean until one day when I saw Astral Slide, THEN I pulled it out and I love it now.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

B

boozehound

Just had to look up triskelion at my local online store cos i forgot what it did, and it stated "players who bought this also bought arcbound "this" and arcbound "that", an interesting combo with triskelion i thought.

H

Homestar

well,i got some new rares last night at FNM and i got 2 triskelions and 2 mephidross vampire, and im workin on a deck based around that. how is that for a cool combo:D

H

Homestar

im tryin, ive been searchin on Starcity.com and everything, i have a weirdo decklist for you.

Creatures:
BoP x4
Vine Trellis x4
Triskelion x2
Mephidross Vampire x2
Elvish Piper x2
Platinum Angel x2 (not sure, just seems like the right thing to do)

Spells:
Sylvan Scrying x4
Dawns Reflection x4(??)(i sorta like it, cuz, its beter then reap and sow for 4 mana)
Tooth and Nail x4

Artifacts/Enchantments:
Chrome Mox x4
Rites Of Passage x4 (with 2 of these out and a triskelion it forms an infinite loop, i might take them out.)

Land:
Cloudpost x4
Forest x15
Swamp x5

im not sure how this would work out. i have all the cards execpt 4 rites of passage, 1 chrom mox, 2 BoP, and 2 sylvan scrying.