M

maraud234

Does the CPA support avatars, you know, the little pictures that go up under your name. This thread is more to the administrators than anybody else.

Z

Zadok001

No, we don't. They take quite a bit of time to load on slower machines, and while they're pretty, they serve no particular purpose. I don't really like the feature on MtGNews, and I don't like the idea of implementing it here.

H

Hetemti

We don't need them.

What I hate is that on MTGN, everyone just HAS TO HAVE a (poorly) animated one.

M

maraud234

If the CPA doesn't support avatars, somebody might want to remove the avatars section in FAQ

Z

Zadok001

Well... First of all, we wouldn't know HOW to get rid of 'em. Second, the system DOES support them, we just keep them turned off.

M

maraud234

:confused: Are you laughing at me? I don't use avatars myself, mainly because most of the time they are an eye-sore. I just had a question on them when I was going through what the CPA supports. And I wanted to know why if the CPA could support avatars(which it doesn't), that nobody used them. It really bothered me.

F

FoundationOfRancor

maraud234, I wasnt laughing at you...

I was laughing at Zadok's post...none of the assistant admins really know how to operate this thing..I find it funny.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's one of those areas that only Ed has access to, that's why... although I could see why you'd think I wouldn't be able to figure it out, given my nick :)

F

fuzzy510

Why do we keep asking about avatars? It's a little icon on the bottom of your name. Here's an idea: write more in your sig, not too much more, but more.