Avacyn Restored Card Previews

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I can only imagine what they were thinking with Temporal Mastery. Thunderous Wrath was the one that first got my attention, and it's very good, but Temporal Mastery is just crazy.

B

boogiepop

Infinite Reflection -- love at first sight? (Now that would be narcissistic.)

The name and artwork match the effects of the card so perfectly that I completely understood the rules text with one quick read. That is not the typical result I get when I read a card with that much text (I am ashamed to say.) Add to this the potential it has to create really wonky situations and yeah... I seriously dig it.
As a bonus it features Selhoff Occultist, a card I have an unhealthy appreciation for. Imagine her getting infinitely reflected... Cool, no? Strange that the article never mentions this.

I know the miracles are getting all the attention right now (and understandably so!), but I think real kudos are in order for this one.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Infinite Reflection -- love at first sight? (Now that would be narcissistic.)
Only if you use it on yourself.

I know the miracles are getting all the attention right now (and understandably so!)
The puzzling thing is that my impression, and it may be wrong, is that this is very unlike some of the things WotC has done in the past where they went too far with something. In the past, a lot of powerful cards and mechanics had WotC going, "Oops." But with the miracle cards, it seems like they must know exactly what this monster is that they've created. And if that's the case, I wonder why...

B

boogiepop

I dunno. I guess this is one of those "just have to wait and see" times.
I'll predict that the cost of Ponder will go up, though, as everyone under the sun will suddenly want a playset.