Darkstar

Here it is... in all its immaculinity?

55 forests
4 living lands
1 manabond

theres definitely no mana problem

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maybe you should use Natural Affinities or Nature's Revolt, something to make the forests bigger.
Also then there isn't the forest requirement, and you can run lands with cycling.
Those CIP-tapped cycling G tap for G lands (what ever they're called)
and
Blasted Landscape (taps for colorless but cycling and doesn't tap when it enters play).

Cool idea though.

I

Istanbul

4x Natural Affinity
4x Nature's Revolt
4x Living Lands

4x Blasted Landscape
4x Tranquil Thicket
4x Slippery Karst
4x Smoldering Crater
4x Remote Isle
4x Polluted Mire
4x Drifting Meadow
20x Forest

All the Saga lands cycle with colorless mana, making it easier to get to what you want, and not requiring specifically colored mana to do so.

T

train

That's not a bad deal at all...

I would only hope I was holding a rout, with the mana to cast it... but more than likely your opponent wouldn't be...

Cool thing is you could mulligan until you get the revolt or something and know for sure you're drawing into lands...:cool:

D

Darkstar

u could use l.wish to put in a rout... if u were playin casual...

I

Istanbul

No, that would require a Burning Wish.
Mageta, mind you, is another story.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If you're not going to include other colors it's pointless to use most of the Urza's Saga lands -- that is unless you really like cycling.
It just depends on what you want to happen to your mana curve. If you have a deck with this many lands and you can't cast the appropriate animation spell the earliest turn possible the deck you have is pretty sad.

T

train

If you have a deck with this many lands and you can't cast the appropriate animation spell the earliest turn possible the deck you have is pretty sad.
I'd say harrows could work wonders and help get past the 1-land per turn bit...

That would speed you up... or the diligent farmhand...

;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by train

Cool thing is you could mulligan until you get the revolt or something and know for sure you're drawing into lands...:cool:
Yeah, but you're drawing one less card each time you mulligan, so that might not be a good thing...

T

train

Maybe not more than 1 mulligan... but I do think the diligent farmhand would be cool...

Oooooo...

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa!...:eek: :cool:

I

Istanbul

I DO really like cycling lands.

Turn 1: Forest, cycle Thicket. Go.
Turn 2: Forest, cycle UrzaLand. Go.
Turn 3: Land. Cycle Urzaland. Go.
Turn 4: Land. Cycle UrzaLand. Cycle UrzaLand. Go.
Turn 5: Land. Cycle UrzaLand. Cycle UrzaLand. Cycle Thicket. Go.
Turn 6: As of this draw phase, you have gone through about 1/3rd of your deck. The odds that you've hit an important card have become quite good.