"Atonement" Spoiler: Rainbow Lotus

W

WickedBoy6

This is the third spoiler for "Atonement". I'm currently working on beinging back my Magic:TG website, which will have a gallery for "Atonement" cards for all to see. Well, without firther ado, here's Rainbow Lotus.

Rainbow Lotus - 1
Artifact
When Rainbow Lotus comes into play, add a Lotus Counter of the colored mana used to cast Rainbow Lotus.
T, Remove a Lotus Counter: Add three mana of the color of the Lotus Counter to your mana pool.

I'm sure I worded this wrong, but you get the jist of it. Originally, it was an idea to un-break the Black Lotus, but in the end, it looks more like a Dark Ritual for all colors.

Z

Zero T Katama

First off. Just leaving the card on the table after removing the counter leaves it open to bouncing. Need to have sacrifice as a cost.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yeah, Thallids right, should have a sacrifice thing. Also, dont forget Dark Ritual was really powerfulf. This should cost 2, or it should have an activation of 2.

W

WickedBoy6

K, how about this?

Rainbow Lotus - 1
Artifact
When Rainbow Lotus comes into play, add a Lotus Counter of the colored mana used to cast Rainbow Lotus.
Rainbow Lotus comes into play tapped.
T, Remove Rainbow Lotus from the game: Add three mana of the color of the Lotus Counter to your mana pool.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Seems ok, maybe a little on the powerful side.

Originally posted by Zero T Katama
First off. Just leaving the card on the table after removing the counter leaves it open to bouncing. Need to have sacrifice as a cost.
I agree with me -- I mean him. :p

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

This is no Lion's Eye Diamond. Still sounds pretty broken, but this is the same guy who made Dragonheart Penitent, so don't take it as an insult.

Dragonheart Penitent
2R
Creature- Starlet
Rare (!!)
Haste.
Discard a card at random from your hand: DP gets +3/+0 until end of turn. At end of turn, put a -1/-1 counter on DP for each time this ability was used that turn.

To say that the inner ring of guards in Miranda's sanctuary was full of hotheads would be an understatement.
1/3

W

WickedBoy6

I have one more idea, but I'm not sure if this is necessarily worse or better.

Rainbow Lotus - 1
Artifact
Rainbow Lotus comes into play tapped.
1, T, Remove Rainbow Lotus from the game: Add three mana of the color used to activate this ability to your mana pool.

W

WickedBoy6

I thought I did. I put "1, T, Remove Rainbow Lotus from the game:" as the activation cost, but I guess it wasn't clear enough?