Astral Slide

H

Homestar

Hey all, i was just wonderin, i have a thread in that decks and variants section about buiilding a protection deck and everyone is telling me to get an astral slide in there. im gonna get it either way but i was just wonderin with what what or how i should play that card?

also, plz post a reply to my protection deck thread in the decks and variants section if u have a good idea or suggestion

T

train

whenever you cycle something, it'll remove a threat - this can be defensively, or offensively...

H

Homestar

yea i kno that and i did find a use for it. it works very well with tainted aether. if u look at the casual decks and variants section and look at a thread called "rune cycling deck" thats mine. i kno ur like really experiance and stuf so you'll probably get it. so go there if you can and post ur suggestions

R

Rooser

It's a pretty tricky card to play well. Eternal Dragon, Decree of Justice and Renewed Faith are probably the best white cyclers.

It combines best with Wrath of God. The typical strategy against Wrath of God is for your opponent not to play very many creatures - they just put out one or two really powerful ones and wait for you to hit the reset button, then they just cast more of their creatures.

Astral Slide doesn't let your opponent do this. You keep sliding out their creatures right before they attack and they'll evenually have to put down a third or fourth creature and then BAM, you nail four creatures with your Wrath instead of just two.