Homestar

Creatures:
Leonin Den-Guard x4
Myr Adaptor x4
Auriok Glaivemaster x2
Skyhunter Cub x4
Loxodon Punisher
Taj-Nar Swordsmith x2
Slith Ascendant x2 (i needed to take up space and i have juss learned to love sliths)
Crossbow Infantry x2 (space-taker)
Elite Archers (space-taker)
Heavy Ballista (space-taker)

Equipments:
Bonesplitter x2
Leonin Scimitar x4
Vulshok gauntlets
Banshee's blade (fun with slith's)
Vorrac Battlehorns x2
Vulshok Morningstar

Other:
dragon scales
holy strength

o.k now some of the cards in here are meant for taking up space or just because i like them (i.e:slith's, dragon scales, crossbow). I know that everyone here is gonna tell me i HAVEto have Skullclamp and i know that. I would order a few off the net but right now they are $5 a pop. now i already know some cards im gonna order. this is what i got (could use suggestions on this, too)

Auriok Glaivemaster x2
Bonesplitter x2
Fireshrieker x2
wispersilk cloak x4
Loxodon Punisher x3

o.k i also know that i should get an auriok steelshaper but they are $4 a pop. same goes with loxodon warhammer, its something like $3 a piece. Anyway, besides all that gimme ur suggestions!:) :D :cool:

T

Tabasco

Leonin Shiakri - 1W - DS Rare
Creature-Cat Soldier
You may play equip abilities any time you can play an instant.

2/2

Lightning Greaves - 2 - MD Uncommon
Artifact-Equipment
Equipped Creature gains Haste and cannot be targeted by spell or abilities.
Equip:0

Auriok Bladewarden - 1W - MD Rare
Creature-Human Soldier
T: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn where X is Auriok Bladewarden's power

1/1

Auriok Steelshaper - 1W - MD Rare
Creature-Human Soldier
Equip costs you pay cost 1 less
As long as Auriok Steelshaper is equipped, Soldiers and Knights you control get +1/+1.

1/1

These should help....especially the steelshaper.

H

Homestar

yea im not ordering the blade warden cuz i could EASILY trade for him. The Leonin Shikari is $8.00 a piece!!! i know hes awesome escpecially with lightning greaves but im not payin $8 for 1 card. i can get 1 steelshaper from my friend but they are $4.00 a pop so i dont think he is worth that much either. lightning greaves are $2.50 so i might order one. all my friends have them but they wont trade them.

R

Reverend Love

Woo-Hoo soldiers! I loves me some soldiers Homestar! With a little tweaking we can make you a bad-mofo deck!

I think you're 80% there with your current deck. You've definitely got the right idea with mixing in a few fliers here along with your ground pounders.

Back during Apocalypse there was a great creature commonly overlooked...he was really out of theme in all honesty. However now he's great..and his name? Enlistment Officer. This guy is guaranteed to grab you some more soldiers loyal to your cause :) I can't recommend this dude enough. You definitely want to be running 4 of these guys. This cat can single handedly can keep your soldier's crushing advance moving along.

Second is good'ol Daru Warchief! The power to cheapen your guys AND make them bigger..ooh yea! You should really run 4 of these guys too!

If your going to be using Daru Warchief and Enlistment Officer we're going to need to do a little tweaking of your creatures. We'll need all their creature types to include soldier as to make the most use of Warchiefs and Enlistment Officers abilities.

Soldiers:
4 Enlistment Officer
4 Daru Warchief
4 Leonin Den-Guard
4 Auriok Glaivemaster
2 Loxodon Punisher
4 Skyhunter Cub
4 Skyhunter Patrol

With your equipment you need some trimming and fine tuning. The bonesplitters are EXCELLENT! You should absolutely be running 4 of these things! The Scimitars are fine as well however if you can replace them with Vulshok Morningstars then do it. For your remaining pieces of equipment no you don't want skullclamp in here...in fact in this deck skullclamp would be HORRIBLE! Your creature's are used to horde your opponent not to draw more cards. If you can, run 4 Loxodon Warhammers. They provide a sizeable increase in power, handy-dandy trample and the ever increasing importance of lifegain. If you can't thats ok, use Fireshriekers and Banshee Blades instead. Stay away form Vorrac Battlehorns..those things suck!

Equipment:
4 Bonesplitter
4 Vulshok Morningstars (or Scimitars whichever you want)
4 Loxodon Warhammers/Fireshriekers/Banshee Blades (Whatever you can get)

Land:
22 Plains

The entire idea of this deck is to quickly horde over your opponent. The beauty here is you also have lots of late game as well because your creatures will be getting huge due to equipment and Daru Warchief.

P.S.

Home-Skillet...if your going to be ordering cards do it from here. They're cheaper, better card quality, and ship faster.

H

Homestar

I already ordered cuz no one was responding with any good ideas (Tabasco your ideas were expensive!). i decided to order cards for my W bird deck n e way. but i still took your suggestions into mind and came out with this:

Creatures:
Enlistment officer (one of my friends conveniantly had one)
Daru Warchief x2 (got 2 from my friend)
Leonin Den-Guard x4
Auriok Glaivemaster x4
Loxodon Punisher x3
Skyhunter Cub x4
Skyhunter Patrol x4
Leonin Skyhunter x4 (umm i juss think hes a good card)

Equipment:
Bonesplitter x4
Vulshok Morning Star
Leonin Scimitar x3
Loxodon Warhammer
Fireshrieker x2
Banshee's blade (i have 2 of these but i think fireshrieker is better)

Lands:
Plains x27

Is that any better? It was a struggle getting the warchiefs and the enlistment officer from my friend cuz he has a soldier deck. It was the funniest thing tho cuz he has a had a soldier deck for the longest time and enlistment officer was never in it. but yea i still got them. then one of my friends had a bunch of cards but he doesnt play magic n e more so i bought 500 cards for $5. thats where i got the warhammer, fireshrieker and the 2 extra loxodon punishers. i dont even remember where i got the extra glaivemasters.

H

Homestar

AHHH I HATE MYSELF!!!!!!! my friend offered me 56 cards for some cards outta my equip deck and i got to choose all of the 56 cards. so now i had to add some stupid stuff to my deck and its not as good now...

Creatures:
Myr Adaptor x4
Loxodon Punisher x2
Skyhunter Cub x4
Leonin Den-Guard x4
Auriok Glaivemaster x2
Taj-Nar Swordsmith x2
Leonin Skyhunter
Skyhunter Patrol x4

Equipments:
Leonin Scimitar x4
Banshee's Blade x2
Vulshok Morningstar
Bonesplitter x4
Fireshrieker
Loxodon Warhammer

Land:
Plains x24

i hate it cuz it looks alot like what i started with. i did get some sweet cards tho :D . He wanted to remake his soldier deck so thats why he wanted the warchiefs and the enlistment officer back among other things. but yes, n e way, this is what im left with......are the Myr Adaptors and Taj-Nar Swordsmith worth it?

Edit: Hey Reverand, am i seeing things or does it say that i can order 184 cards on collectmart.com for $4.63??? thats freekin amazing. if not then tell me how that place works.

T

train

warhammer and fireshrieker are nice - whispersilk cloak is better...;)

H

Homestar

yea but none of my guys are strong until theyre equipped, so if i put wispersilk cloak on ne 1 then they cant get n e stronger. and even if i do equip or enchant other stuff first, it all "falls off".

T

train

I don't think it falls off - will have to check on that...

(I'm pretty sure it doesn't - it doesn't target after it's attached, but re-attaching does target...)

H

Homestar

o well post when u find it cuz i thought i saw it on a saturday school one time.

T

train

The protection rule is listed at the bottom, but protection is different than targeting... in this instance, protection from artifacts, if granted to a creature would knock equipment off of it... but for the purposes of equipping, the equipment only targets at the time you attach it... so you can put a bonesplitter on something, then a fireshrieker, then a whispersilk cloak and not have any problems...

The official rules for Equipment are as follows:

212.2g Some artifacts have the subtype "Equipment." An Equipment can be attached to a creature. It can't legally be attached to an object that isn't a creature.

212.2h An Equipment is played and comes into play just like any other artifact. An Equipment doesn't come into play attached to a creature. The equip keyword ability moves the Equipment onto a creature you control (see rule 502.33, "Equip"). Control of the creature matters only when the equip ability is played and resolved.

212.2i An Equipment that's also a creature can't equip a creature. Equipment that loses the subtype "Equipment" can't equip a creature. An Equipment can't equip itself. An Equipment that equips an illegal or nonexistent permanent stops equipping that permanent, but remains in play. (This is a state-based effect. See rule 420.)

212.2j The creature an Equipment is attached to is called the "equipped creature." The Equipment is attached to, or "equips," that creature.

212.2k An Equipment's controller is separate from the equipped creature's controller; the two need not be the same. Changing control of the creature doesn't change control of the Equipment, and vice versa. Only the Equipment's controller can play its abilities. However, if the Equipment adds an ability to the equipped creature (with "gains" or "has"), the equipped creature's controller is the only one who can play that ability.

The official rules for the equip ability are as follows:

502.33. Equip

502.33a Equip is an activated ability of artifact Equipment cards. The phrase "Equip [cost]" means "[cost]: Move this Equipment onto target creature you control. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery."

502.33b For more information about Equipment, see rule 212.2, "Artifacts."

502.33c If an artifact has multiple instances of equip, any of its equip abilities may be used.

The following rule has been added the protection ability:

502.7d A permanent with protection can't be equipped by Equipment that have the stated quality. Such an Equipment stops equipping that permanent, but remains in play. (See rule 420, "State-Based Effects.")

R

rkoelsch

Some possible cards from the new set.

Leonine Squire 1W Cat Soldier 2/2 When Leonine Squire comes into play, return artifact card with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard to your hand - common

This could get back Bonesplitter and Scimitars after they've been destroyed.

Skyhunter Skirmisher 1WW Cat Knight 1/1 Flying, Double Strike- uncommon

a Bonesplitter on him means 6 damage a turn from him alone

Steelshaper's Gift W Sorcery Search your library for an equipment card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your Library- Uncommon

no comments necessary

Cranial Plating- 2- Artifact Equipment- Equipped creature gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control. BB:Attach Cranial Plating to target creature you control. Equip 1. Common

Yes it would be nice if you had black magic so you could move it as needed but it still is very good.

Grafted Wargear-3 Artifact Equipment- Equipped creature gets +3/+2. Whenever Grafted Wargear becomes unattached from a creature, sacrifice that creature. Equip 0. Uncommon

You cannot play moving games with this equipment but it makes any creature a house.

Healers Headdress-2-Artifact Equipment- Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has tap prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. WW:Attach Healers Headdress to target creature you control. Equip-1. Common

This one you can do all kinds of combat tricks with it but it doesn't increase power so I can't say I would recommend it.

Hope this helps

M

mythosx

equipment doesnt fall off...it only needs to target once...its not a continiously targeting effect.

T

train

there are very few continuously targeting effects - most are conditional...