Armageddon - your opinion

Should Armageddon come back to Standard?

• Yes, it'd be good for the environment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it'd be bad for the environment

• Yes, because I miss it

• No, because I hated it when it was here

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
M

Mikeymike

What do you think about it?

Personally, I'd rather it not make its way back to type 2. The environment is not fast right now and I feel Armageddon would make a lot of the good but expensive spells that are now seeing play (like Haunting Echoes, Corrupt, Phantom Nishoba, and more) would not be seeing nearly as much play. It would seem to hurt everythig but Blue and in turn Tog.

Although it would be tempting to build a Terravore/geddon deck.

EDIT - Man, this was supposed to be a poll

1 - Yes, it'd be good for the environment
2 - No, it wouldn't be good " " "
3 - Yes, because I miss it
4 - No, because I hated it when it was here
5 - Other

S

Sammy Dead-O

3 - Yes, because I miss it

I'll be interested in playing with it in T2 again. I really wonder how much of an impact it would have, anyway. It was a sideboard bomb for Kai's rebels ("Gotterdammerung!"), but other than that, I don't remember hearing much about it in T2 for a while (except for failed attempts at Blastogeddon or whatnot).

I do hear the argument you're making on how nice it is to be able to play those high-cc spells, though. And, I guess I have to agree with the reason it left after 6th: It's just unfair against control decks that aren't blue.

Still, I think I'd like to see it come back. I guess I'm selfish...

T

train

5-other

I think it would drastically increase the metagame, and casual play forum. It's hard to play without land - so all decks would then have to be able to compensate for this one card..... that could force them to play another color if they weren't already...

R

rkoelsch

I just think it helped WW so much. now that there are some reasonable weenies it should come back.