Arcanum: The Game From Hell?

D

Daggertooth

Bah! I've worked my butt off trying to get this dang game to work. But being less Technical than needed it appears I need help.

I have two computers. Both high above the minimum requirements needed to run this game. Though one admittedly stronger. The game runs fine on the stronger one, albet a little bit of stalling from time to time. It runs horribly on the second one.

Heres the problem: the Cinima and the Dialog runs perfectly. I couln't wish for it to run smoother. It is when your suppose to do something that the game becomes a pissant. The mouse bairly moves. And when it does it jumps from place to place. The character bairly moves as well. Making it unbarable for even the most patient individuals. Please help me with this problem.

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no idea. Is there an official website you can check that might have a FAQ or something? Or did you already do that and they're no help? :)

D

Daggertooth

Man, I can't tell you how bad their customerservice was. I E-mailed them just to get some lame auto responce sending me to some BS FAQ site that I already read through. I then tried to work with the recomended referal junk to try to get a real person to respond. That was usless as I needed to log in, but It wouldn't let me log in. Ah well, Perhaps I'll figure this out later.

The problem has gotten worse. There is horrible lag on the computer that actualy works. You move at appropriate speed for a few seconds then lag of considerable time. Not really lag, just everything stops. So I just wait the entire minute untill movement recomences.

$50 for nothing! Dang! (and it was $40 at the local wallmart. :()

Daggertooth

Z

Zadok001

Sounds RAMish. Can you post the min specs and your machine's specs? Min specs for games are often a bit low, but if you're above by any large margin, you should be fine. Additionally, try starting a new game on the fast machine. Is the lag limited to the section of the game you are in (or does it perhaps lag only past a certain point), does the game lag in the first few segments? How much HD space do you have left? What OS are you running?