Apprentice

D

Daggertooth

Hi all,

I downloaded Apprentice, But I can't figure out how it works. the version I got has 2 modes Solitair and internet. The internet connection seems to wan't to go over the modem. It askes for the otehr persons number. On the other hand, solitair dosn't do anything. I'm not sure how these things work. Can anyone help me?

Daggertooth

H

Hetemti

You have to have the other players IP. It's displayed in the connections box. Just give the other guy yours and select wait or ask for his and punch it in.

BTW, if it's "127.0.0.1", just give up. :p

Z

Zadok001

Apprentice doesn't know the rules to Magic. As a result, you have to change the phases, tap mana, take damage, attack and block, etc., of your own accord. Apprentice just gives you a 'playmat' and a randomly generated deck order, and some tools.

Solitare lets you play a deck you've created (go to Deck Builder in the File menu to make a deck) against no opponent, just drawing cards, etc... Goldfishing, if you will. Internet mode makes you type in the IP adress of an opponent (your IP is at the bottom of the internet window, btw). To get someone's IP, you have to ask them on ICQ or challenge them on mIRC, in which case they'll give you their IP and you can play.

Did I explain that ok? :)

D

Daggertooth

Okay, where do i find someone to play with.

Also, how does solitair work?

Daggertooth

D

Darsh

It's pretty easy once you know what everything does.

Solitaire-You play a game by yourself with no opponents

Connect over the internet-If you pick this a screen pops up with two choices in it.

(It looks like this)
-----------------------------------------------
I am.

Calling my opponent at____________

Waiting for a call.

Port Number_________

My current IP: 127.0.0.1(Just example numbers)
------------------------------------------------

The numbers beside "My current IP" are the important part, that is how an opponent will contact you. For example; you want an opponent to call you-you would tell him your current IP number and he would select "Calling my opponent at" and type your IP number in the blank, while you would select "Waiting for a call" if you want to contact an opponent just reverse the process (You call him and he selcts "Waiting for a call."

BTW if you would like to try a game just pm me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do a search on Apprentice in here or in the General forums. One of them has a list of links to chatrooms where you can find players.

127.0.0.1 probably means you're behind a firewall, which means you're out of luck :)