Apprentice?

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Are you there?
I just realized that that isn't going to work unless MWS comes out with a mac patch... or is there a better way that doesn't involve money that I don't know about?

D

DarthFerret

Same here, chat rooms and streaming video are blocked via Sonic Wall, so I cannot use aprentice anymore (plus it is not on this laptop, but do have it on my personal laptop)

R

Rakarth

If you fancy playing by apprentice sometime let me know when you see me on. Apprentice only needs the IP of the person you want to play against and you connect to them. No servers or chat rooms are really required unless you can't find opponents.

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay.
New realization: Can't Get APPRENTICE!

Anyone here know their way around LackeyCCg?

R

Rakarth

Looks okay. Haven't got a pc to play about with it at the moment though. Got on the ones at uni for a while.

What happened with apprentice just as a curiosity?

Rakarth

D

DarthFerret

All the more reason for you to scrap the mac!

heh heh

**Hey, don't blame me, HP is one of my bigger customers**

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
Isn't there a Windows emulator for the Mac?
There are Windows emulators, but after a short trial period they cost money (if I'm not mistaken). Sorry, BPC, you're as SOL as I am. Just use Boot Camp (assuming you have 10.5) and install Windows on another partition of your hard drive, if you really want Apprentice.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
rokapoke said:
There are Windows emulators, but after a short trial period they cost money (if I'm not mistaken). Sorry, BPC, you're as SOL as I am. Just use Boot Camp (assuming you have 10.5) and install Windows on another partition of your hard drive, if you really want Apprentice.
If Apprentice works on windows 2000 that would work, otherise you have to buy a copy of XP Pro ($130 US) or god forbid..... Vista.....

I am debating getting a MAC and dual booting it if I can find a copy of XP Pro for less than $100......

D

DarthFerret

If you are used to a Mac's Video capablilities, then I would not suggest going with Windows Vista. There are still too many bugs, incompatibilities, and driver/software issues that need to be accounted for before going with Vista.

I am not so sure I would even go with XP pro. XP home edition is good software, does not take up quite as much space, and is (most of the time) a bit cheaper.

At work our IT department refuses to upgrade past XP pro, and I have not personally noticed a difference between XP pro (on my company laptop) and XP Home (on my 2 personal laptops).

At church, we upgraded to Vista, and have had nothing but headaches from it. Mainly with video services and software/hardware compatibility. If Windows does not fix these issues soon, I may go Mac myself (did I just say that?...noooooooooo). Someone please kick Gates in the butt and make him fix this stuff soon!

R

rokapoke

DarthFerret said:
Someone please kick Gates in the butt and make him fix this stuff soon!
If I'm not mistaken, there's been some talk of the next Windows (Windows 7?) being fast-tracked to a 2009 or 2010 release, or some such. But haven't they learned what happens when they attempt to speed up a release?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually, with MAC becoming windows compatible, there is no reason not to buy a MAC.... with dual boot you can have the "best" of both worlds
So, XP home is as good as Pro? hmmmmmm... I'll have to look into a copy of the home version.....

I kept win2000 long after XP came out and waited until the have at least 2 service packs out.....

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
Actually, with MAC becoming windows compatible, there is no reason not to buy a MAC....
I don't intend to be snobbish, but on the Apple discussion boards people get cussed out for this... And I'm quite sure I've made the same mistake in the past, so I'm not trying to be "holier than thou," either.

A computer manufactured by Apple is called a "Mac," which is short for Macintosh.

Your computer has a MAC address, which has something to do with your internet connection.

The two are not one and the same.

Also, apparently the Mac operating system is pronounced "O S Ten" as opposed to "O S X." Food for thought.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
People can kiss my ...... well you know.... I hate people that think your stupid or "un-cool" if you don't know their lingo......

MAC, MAC, MAC........ What board did you say that was..... I want to go there and MAC them upside the head...... :D

BTW - OS X is how it's written and it was OS 9 before that, not OS IX......
Pretentious twits.....

OK my rant is over...... MACs are better machines and I like the OS much better than Windows, but the cost is a definite factor and compatability with 3rd party software..... Like Upperdeck's and WoTC's tournament software.... only on XP.