Apprentice/Workstation

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm gonna start playing Apprentice again. However, I never figured out how to play with it before, like how to connect to people. Can someone explain this?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's very hands-on. If you are connecting to someone, you need to know their IP number.

You go to File -> New Game -> Connect via Internet. You either check the Calling my Opponent at <fill in IP number> or Waiting for Call. Your IP number can be found at the bottom of the Window, so either your opponent will need to check it via the window and tell you so you can fill it in or you need to tell your opponent your number so he can fill it in. Then you hit Okay and hopefully you guys connect.

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Apprentice is very fallable. It usually picks up your network IP, if your computer is on a network, rather than your internet IP address. So it's a simple task of either using a mouse to check your IP or do the ipconfig thing.

I've been using Workstation more and more often now for gaming and I must say the program is fine for playing. The problems with the program are that it is not as intuitive as say, Magic Suitcase. The program is not geared towards collection keeping so it's mainly just for playing.

And better yet, you don't have to pay for it so long as you can put up with advertisements and the inability to play games larger than 2 players.

D

DarthFerret

I have played a few Apprentice games, mainly by going to the rooms and picking up on requests for games. In general, I have found that most people are much faster on apprentice than I am, and it irritates them that I am so slow. I am getting ready to start using MWS (as soon as my puter is outta the shop), and will let y'all know how user friendly it is to me, whenever I get the chance to find out.

Tag Guard