Apprentice problems

M

Mikeymike

CAMDEX, my first gut instinct is that there has got to be a way to allow your firewall to work with Apprentice. I don't know a ton about networking, but this is a problem Apprentice's creators have had to have encountered before.

I checked dragonstudios.com (I think they make apprentice) and its foribidding me access to the tech support page (what's up with that). Read this:

In hope of dissipating the constant flow of e-mail that has been flooding Ryan's inbox, we've added a brand new technical support section to Dragonstar Studios. The new section currently contains a quickstart manual for Apprentice 1.46 as well as a list of the most frequently asked questions we've received. As time goes on, quickstart manuals for Netdraft and Suitcase will be added as well as any new questions that we feel belong in the FAQ list. We ask that you use this new section as a source of technical information and troubleshooting help and that you consult the FAQ before contacting us at Dragonstar for any reason. We hope that you find this new section both helpful and convenient and we thank you for your loyalty and support. If you find it absolutely necessary to contact us because of a technical issue, support can be reached at it's new e-mail address, apprentice@dragonstudios.com.
Try emailing them

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Upon reading my post, I might have been mistaken. I usually log on from work, where we use NT, networking, proxy servers, and firewalls, all of which probably combine to prevent me from using Apprentice.

If you're at home and use a firewall though, you probably can play Apprentice. It's more likely the "proxy server" part that would give problems.

C

CAMDEX

So, if I am NOT behind a firewall, and I use the Start/Run/winipcfg things, and it still doesn't work, then it is the Proxy server that is hurting me. I'm guessing that that will prevent me from playing Apprentice, huh?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have chat software? If so, log on to a server there and see what it says your IP is and if it matches up with the wincinig or whatever.