Apprentice problems

C

CAMDEX

I got Apprentice, and most of it actually works fine, except...
I can't call anybody, and when I wait for a call, it doesn't work either. I tried changing the port number, but that doesn't work. ne of my friends says that I might be behind a firewall.

Can any of you help me?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume your modem works fine the rest of the time?

Yes, it will not work behind a firewall, as the proxy server prevents direct calls from going out and coming in. If you're trying to do this from work and if you don't know if you're behind a firewall, you can discretely ask around :) (I think another way is to go to Internet Option and check the Connections tab. Somewhere in there might indicate if you're behind a firewall.)

If you're pretty sure you're not behind a firewall and using a dial-up modem (I don't know if a cable/DSL modem will work actually, since you're always connected...), you have to know the IP address of the person you're trying to call. I always go into a chat room since it tells you when you enter it; if you don't do that I'm not sure what the best way of finding out your IP address, especially if you use an ISP and it's randomly generated each time you dial up.

G

Griffith_se

Are you using AOL?

Originally posted by Spiderman
I'm not sure what the best way of finding out your IP address, especially if you use an ISP and it's randomly generated each time you dial up.
1. Click Start|Run.
2. Type "winipcfg" and click OK.
3. The IP address will display.

AOL is known to lie about your IP.
Check and see if the IP on Apprentice, matches
what the above procedure says your IP is.

C

CAMDEX

Thanx a lot. And, for the rest of you, A PRIZE!!

A trivia question:

What is the only touney-legal Magic Card to have a casting cost of exactly UUUU?

Answer will be posted tomorrow!

T

theorgg

Invoke Prejudice.

What's the only Magic card to have a "political" statement(actually a social issue that took place before its painting) in it's art?

Z

Zadok001

That trivia question can be rephrased as "Do you own Apprentice?" :)

C

CAMDEX

Then I would have to post a poll or something...

Congratulations to theorgg for getting the question right. U get...um... 15,000,000,000 imaginary bags of Cheez Doodles!

If I had said BBBB, everybody would have said Lich.

I might as well post a harder one:

What card, besides the basic Mountain, has appeared in the most Magic sets?

Again, answer posted tomorrow!

M

Mikeymike

I'm assuming your question doesn't include other basic lands or promotional sets (like the Beatdown box set).

I'd have to guess at disenchant.

C

CAMDEX

Mikeymike is correct. He wins...15,000,000,000,000,000 imaginary bags of cheez doodles!

No more questions. u guys r too smart.

M

Mikeymike

I've come to collect my 15,000,000,000,000,000 imaginary bags of cheez doodles with my imaginary tractor-trailor.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I volunteer to help Mikeymike eat his 15,000,000,000,000,000 imaginary cheez-doodle with oodles of my imaginary friends :p

C

CAMDEX

*sounding like a contractor*

Okay, you Goblin LAckeys, load those imaginary cheez doodles on the tractor-trailer. LEt's go, one-two-one-two!

C

CAMDEX

Now, If I know that I'm behind a firewall, How the heck do i get out?!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can.

Unless you know how to disable the firewall or turn it off (like you're from home), you can't play (like from school or work).

J

Jigglypuff

Wait, what was the answer to the other question?

The social comment or political art?

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have Apprentice but didn't bother to look...

maybe Zadok or theorgg can answer it definitively...

T

theorgg

I don't know how to deal with Firewalls... sorry. I don't know how to deal with Apprentice anymore, either. When I load up a deck, it just goes crazy. I'm mostly using it for double-checking the newer cards I don't know...

As for the political commentary, look in the background of the White guildmage from Mirage. See Rodney King?

J

Jigglypuff

What does that have to do with Apprentice?

Help, please I'm so confused...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Zadok will have to answer that one as he's the one who made that statement about having Apprentice.