Apocolyse/ Odyssey

I

Ihsans Shade

Two things:

Okay, first off, I was just wondering, what happened in the apocolyse storyline, I know a few things, (about the first chapters worth) but not much, what happened?

Second, who knows what about the Odessey storyline? I'd like to be in the know.

I am...
a black legend with protection from white...
Ihsan's Shade

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I have no idea.
I'm just posting this to shake things up in the Storyline forum.

L

Loonook

I havent heard anything except theres gonna be some pitfightin (SWEET!!!)

M

Mr.Gnome

Apocalypse is where Urza is killed by gerrard, gerrard sacrifices himself and uses the legacy to finaly defeat yawgmoth. Gerrard is a fruit.
In oddesy I have heard that it is like the world is coming back after the huge war against phyrexia and there will be powerful artifacts discovered from the war.

I

Ihsans Shade

domo arigato mister Turtelwax Joe.

this is the sort of stuff I was wanting, thanks.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Odys story summmary:

Kamahl, a barbarian pit fighter is looking for more competition than he can find in his home mountains. He is a powerful fire mage and wields a large sword that was supposedly made from an artifact from the invasion which took place three hundred years ago. He travels to a large tournament in Cabal City the largest city on his home continent. While competing in this tournament he befriends a centaur named Seton who is also fighting in the tournament. At first Kamahl only wants to fight for the competition but once he sees the prize, a powerful orb, he is even more driven to win. In his way are several other groups who are also after the orb. These include a liutenant in The Order, an organization that has become prominent since the invasion, an ambassador of the Mer Empire,a civilazation of underwater creatures who can change their shape to walk on land, who is preparing an invasion force to expand the Mer empire onto the dry land. These are the three major groups which the story will follow. During the tournament an attack by a Krosan Dragon takes place in Cabal City. Kamahl is able to kill the Dragon but the Credit is given to the Liutenant from the Order. Because of his role in killing the dragon, the liutenant is allowed to choose a prize from the treasure that was to be the prize. He takes the orb which does not make the other parties involved happy. The liutenant is then called away to help protect villages against attacks from Forest beasts which are becoming more and more aggresive. Kamahl and the Mer ambassador learn of where the liutenant is heading and they both set off to find him. The Mer ambassador arrives first and uses his magic of deception to get in good with the Order. Kamahl arrives shortly after the ambassador, but unfortunately the liutenant and ambassador have already gone back to the Order's Headquarters. Kamahl follows them back to the headquarters which is in chaos because of a rebellion that the liutenant started because his superiors wanted to destroy the orb. When the liutenant attempts to use the orbs power he is weakened which allows the Mer ambassador to take the orb and escape back to the palace of the Mer Emperor. Kamahl is again one step behind the ambassador and the orb eludes him again. He decides to head to the coast to see if he can get transport to the Mer Palace. He finds out that there isn't any transport so stays in a small village for a while fighting in a local arena to earn some money. During this time the ambassador looses the orb to one of his servants who takes it to the palace's treasure vaults. Because of the vault keeper's stupidity it is lost and the ambassador must pretend to serve the Mer Emperor who is fearful for his life from a group of rebels which he believes have been sent by his ex-wife. Because of the Emperor's paranoia the ambassador is able to manipulate the Emperor to achieve his own ends. At the end of the book the Emperor takes a tour of the treasure vault in order to get out of the room that he had locked himself away in. He finds the orb and tries to use it. The power of the orb is to much for him to handle and he is killed. The power of the orb creates a huge tidal wave which is coming toward the village that Kamahl is in. The is a summary of the major parts of the story. If there are questions I will be happy to answer them.

Theres more at http://www.mtgnews.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24567

In Apoc, basically the nine planeswalkers blow up phyrexia. Gerrard gets alterd by phyrexians, fights and kills corvax. Turns good. At the end, Yawgmoth enters over onto Dominira in the shape of a big cloud of death that kills everything it touchs. He ressurects basically everything that has ever died on the planet, and controls them. Then the weatherlight finds out that the Null Moon has alot of untapped white mana in it, so they channel it through the weatherlight into the cloud, killing it. Gerrarg and Urza and Karn get melded into a hybrid planeswalker golem.

...it was dumb. But the new set is looking good.

T

terzarima

I found the story a little weak, characters were developed a little to late in the book and somethings were in the book without you even knowing it (Like suddenly this kid he knows turns out to be a Cabal apprentice, I mean, how'd Kamahl find that out?).

And unless Kamahl is going to be in all three books of the trilogy I would venture to say Boourns.

I

Ihsans Shade

WHAT! I magic novel with shiet for story? Never! ;)

:( sorry, I got carried away.:(

Taking my prozak, I am...
Ihsan's Shade

T

terzarima

I know... I sound bad, but its true.

Unless Mirari and Kamahl are going to be in all 3 books its going to be a bad storyline, sorry, but it would be.

T

terzarima

Just posting this so I can put this at the top so people know what happens in Odyssey.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Im about half way through, and I think it's pretty cool. The writing is good, but it has a couple of holes. (There minor, but they add up)

I like it alot. The main character is really likable.

M

Mr.Gnome

I am going to read the book but haven't yet but i hope that Khamal doesn't end up lyke gerrard. I hate gerrard for so many reasons that im not gonna mention them exept that in the apocalypse book Urza killed gerrard lyke 3 tymes and yawgmoth kept bringin him back for tons of dumb reasons, it was really obvious that urza was Skey-Rewed! NE way i hope Khamal is kewler.

R

r00tg04t

Ok, i know magic cards aren't designed to look good... But i mean they could have at least made their main character look a bit better... like Ertai, Wizard adept looked cool. I have seen the Kamahl card it looks pretty ugly, haven't read the book yet though thanks for the abreviation FoR :D