Apocalypse: 13 possible cards

C

Cateran Emperor

***Usual Disclaimers, etc. etc.***

These are supposedly from the Apocalypse Precons

Devout Monk (C)
W
Creature - Cleric; 1/1
Reveal a white card in your hand: Devout Monk gains protection from black and from red until end of turn.

Laughing Ennivet (C)
2W
Creature - Spirit; 2/2
Remove a green card in your graveyard from the game: Regenerate Laughing Ennivet.

Samite Conscripts (C)
2W
Creature - Soldier; 2/2
Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to Samite Conscripts.

Saproling Erosion (C)
1GR
Sorcery
Destroy target land. Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play for each color of mana that land could produce.

Sheltering Shroud (C)
W
Enchantment
0: Prevent the next one damage that a source of your choice would deal to you this turn. Play this ability only once each turn.

Stalwart Kavu (C)
4G
Creature - Kavu; 3/3
If you control a white creature, attacking doesn't cause Stalwart Kavu to tap.
If you control a red creature, Stalwart Kavu has first strike.

Wreathbearer (C)
RG
Creature - Druid; 2/2
When Wreathbearer leaves play, each player may draw a card.

Carefree Dance (U)
2WW
Instant
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn.
Draw a card.

Mangrove Paladin (U)
3G
Creature - Treefolk; 4/4
Mangrove Paladin can't attack if defending player controls a swamp.

Shivan Thunder (U)
5R
Instant
Shivan Thunder deals 4 damage to target creature or player.
Draw a card.

Tinder Drake (U)
3R
Creature - Drake; 0/2
Flying
Tinder Drake gets +1/+0 for each forest you control.

Archaeomore (R)
3GW
Creature - Spirit; 2/4
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 3 life.

Burnished Automaton (R)
Artifact Creature; 1/1
Burnished Automaton gets +X/+X, where X is the number of colors among creatures you control.

S

superguy

Me and my friend are testing a Red/Green type 2 land destruction deck. So far so good, but it needs something better than Fallow Earth in 3 slot. Saproling Erosion is perfect (along with Stone Rain and Tangle Wire of course) and especially since Fallow Earth is out of 7th. Now I'm just hoping that these cards are real.

Z

Zadok001

Unfortunately, Devout Monk is the name of a card from one of the Portal sets, and one that most assuredly does NOT do that. :) So I would say these are fake.

Excellent fakes, however. Very carefully worded and thought out. It wouldn't do WotC bad to print them...

L

Lotus Mox

Apocalypse is also rumored to be about opposing color cards not allied ones, this is another reason why these cards are likely to be fake.

S

superguy

I am not saying these aren't fakes, but its very possible that there are both opposing color and friendly gold cards in Apocalypse. I want to play black/green dammit! :)

N

NeuroDeus

The cards were submitted this way... They were given to this guy (who then sent them to DG at MTGnews) by word of mouth... He tried writing down the cards with what he could remember...!! Something like Harsh Justice being remebered as Harsh Judgement or vice-versa.... Nobody remebers perfectly everything!

C

Cateran Emperor

Actually Zadok, I had to change some templating. There originally was some inexplicably weird text, so I modified anything I saw that was wrong.

If indeed these were relayed by word of mouth, then that's forgiveable. If not, then I would agree that these are fake.

One thing that's kind of baffling me - does anyone else think Archaeomore should be U/W not G/W?

S

shade2k1

Why would someone be doing a Carefree Dance during the Apocalypse?