Anyone still playing 5-Color here?

D

Dune Echo

I'm curious because I am. I'll be posting my deck in the Decks section shortly. Feel free to join me.

For anyone that's still playing 5, what is the metagame in your area like? What have you found to be the most fun?

T

train

I run a 5 color hunting grounds deck... CoB, krosan tuskers, birds, and werebears thin everything out and make it run smoothly...

The meta-game in my area is pretty much stompy, or Blue white control... only one aggro red running around... But I pretty much outlast all the decks...

What's even funnier is the fact I'm running hunting grounds and this one player always vision charms me... that's almost threshold... and then when Iri hits the table it's pretty much over... the land destruct stops them from casting anything...

Please note - I'm strongly anti-blue... but iri is too good to pass up - no standard creature, or any I can think of is better...

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by train
Please note - I'm strongly anti-blue... but iri is too good to pass up - no standard creature, or any I can think of is better...
Multani, Maro-Sorcerer? ;)

T

train

Multani isn't bad - but is still hurt by non-direct damage...

It's the protection that makes iri so strong - and she's flying... that's evasive...

And she's not a legend... meaning I can have more than one out at a time...

She can't be blocked - except by colorless creatures...

Multani's only advantage over her is the can't be targeted by lands or artifact abilities...

She's just - and I hate to give blue this credit - that good!!!...

R

rkoelsch

I play the 5 color version that they have on MTGO. it requires 250 cards and 20 of each color but only has 1 banned card. Battle of wits.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought 5-Color has more banned cards... is that the only card in sets supported on MTGO that's also on the 5-color banned list (I forgot the homepage)?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

don't they ban all the alternate win condition cards? I know for a fact that they ban soldier of fortune, making someone shuffle a 250 card deck whenever you want is quite annoying.

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
don't they ban all the alternate win condition cards? I know for a fact that they ban soldier of fortune, making someone shuffle a 250 card deck whenever you want is quite annoying.
MTGO 250 is a different monster entirely from real-world 5-Color. The DCI will be maintaining the banned/restricted list for MTGO 250.

Soldier of Fortune to my best knowledge <runs off and checks Official 5-Color Website>... and it's not banned and never has been (someone correct me with documentation if I'm wrong, I'm interested). Soldier of Fortune was mentioned a while back (like a year and a half ago) and the take someone gave on it was to the effect of, "if someone activates Soldier of Fortune on me, I'll just put the bottom half of my library on top."

This is actually a fairly acceptable manner of quick shuffling in my area (we over hand shuffle a lot in addition too, especially for searching) such as pre-Contract from Below, and I've seen it even used at 5-Color Worlds.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

my mistake, I could've sworn it was banned *goes off to make a 5 color deck with 4 soldiers of fortune.:D

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Azreal the Soulmaster
my mistake, I could've sworn it was banned *goes off to make a 5 color deck with 4 soldiers of fortune.:D
Don't expect it to annoy anyone overly well. Although, look up the deck at 5-Color.com called "Do you give up yet?" for ideas. :D

I

Istanbul

I have a fairly effective Prismatic...excuse me, 5-color...deck on MTGO, as TheOrgg will attest to. :D

N

Nightstalkers

seems that everyone around me doesn't like to go 5-color at all. Since it is so easy to screw up on it (beginners)

just had a quick life, mana, creature, creature destruction, & de wormer in one deck... for some reason it was a five color, don't know how it turned out that way?:confused: