Anyone remember the Chronicles II crusade? Well, I have a new one!

D

Dune Echo

Out of curiousity, how many here would like to see an AD&D expansion? Something that wouldn't be legal but just plain fun. Lots of Legends, lots of artifacts for your legends, our favorite creatures, and those wacky spells. Anyone wanna start a list of cards?

Anyone want to post some ideas? Maybe we could post a continually growing list of fair, balanced D&D cards on our site.

Mike: Does this sort of thing sound like fun to you?

[Edited by Dune Echo (10-14-1999 at 07:40 AM).]

D

Dune Echo

Here's an idea:

Drow Elf Warrior RBB
Creature-Elf
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay BB. If you don't, sacrifice Drow Elf Warrior.
T: Drow Elf Warrior deals 1 damage to target creature. That creature does not untap during it's controller's next untap phase.
3/3

Here's another:

Magic Missile XR
Sorcery
Magic Missile deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players. X may be no greater than 5.

One more because I'm bored:

Displacer Beast 3GB
Creature-Beast
Displacer Beast cannot be the target of spells or effects.
Displacer Beast may block one additional creature. (All blocks must be legal.)
3/3

And another idea just occurred to me (I don't like this one very much though):

Armor XW
Enchantment
When Armor comes into play, put X Defense tokens on Armor.
Remove a counter: Prevent the next 1 point of damage dealt to you by one single spell or effect.
Sacrifice Armor if there are no Defense counters on it.

[Edited by Dune Echo (10-14-1999 at 09:14 AM).]

Ferret

Staff member
Didn't TSR try something like this and call it Spellfire? (you may all shudder, now)

I don't think an AD&D expansion would be a good idea - however, a Gamma World expansion would rule!

-ferret

"...Radioactive Landsacape: T: add 2 mana of any colour to your mana pool. Lose 3 life"

Ferret

Staff member
Okay, okay. Let's try this one:

3rd Edition: 4WWBBBBRRGG
Enchant World. Remove all permanents from the game (except 3rd Edition). All non-land permamanents cost 2 extra mana to cast...

...to represent the new rules and no-doubt, price increase of the new rules next year...

-ferret

"...I miss my Fiend Folio Tome..."

W

Waubers

I'm Baaaaack!

Wow is there a lot going on!
I bought 2 frickin' boxes of MM and I give it a c+. I think Urza block is about 15x better but hey I love them foil lands! Congrats Ferret, I'm still single so due to envy I can't be too happy for you. I really don't like the tone around magic right now. My local card shop owner says that MM isn't selling real good :-( I'm kinda worried because now that Hasbro runs the show things could change quickly. I like the idea of a truely themed expansion. Heres one - Planet of the Apes - Expansion. I doubt WotC would ever do that. It would upset to many people and its kinda risky because if it sucks then people think the movie sucks. But thats just my pesimistic view. So we still don't have a site? Some one kick Dave D in the Arse! Despite that I compliment you guys on the new look. Again I say its awsome.
I have a small request. Does anybody know where I can download a patch for MM in aprentice? If anybody knows please responde I'm gettin desperate!

Waubers

"I think I just downloaded in my pants!"

[Edited by Waubers (10-14-1999 at 06:31 PM).]

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Welcome back Waubers.

Well, we've basically said screw Doust, so we're going with someone else. Mose on that in another post.

And I have a MM Apprentice and Netdraft patch somewhere on my computer. They're not .zip though, so I don't know what files they update.
Try looking at the old news from e-league.

-mike

D

Dune Echo

Ah, come on Ferret. This purely for fun! This isn't going to be Spellfire (tm). Just make up a card you would like to see from the D&D game. I was joking about the crusade thing. Notice the reference to Chronicles II? That means I know it's a lost cause. Play along here, hairy buddy.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Didn't TSR try something like this and call it Spellfire? (you may all shudder, now)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but yet way off. Spellfire was just a response to Magic. The rules weren't the same. The rules are the key in this. Magic has proven its rules system.

I've always loved (A)D&D, so I think it's a good idea.

-mike