Anyone pick of the Temple of Elemental Evil yet?

B

BigBlue

I haven't had much of a chance to play it, but it is interesting so far... Finally a DnD game NOT set in the Forgotten Realms...

It has a very Baldur's Gate feel so far (about 15 minutes into it before I went to bed). You get a party of 5. I'm playing it on IronMan which is like pen and paper - you can't save constantly and reload... if You die, you die... You can also play it without such harshness...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks interesting, but I probably won't be getting it anytime soon. So many old games to finish... plus I got back on the Microprose Magic kick :rolleyes:

:)

S

Svenmonkey

Shoot. I didn't even know it came out. I guess I'll add it to my list...

1. Age of Mythology: The Titans
2. Vietcong
3. Warcraft 3 (with expansion)
4. Temple of Elemental evil

N

Nightstalkers

DnD games are kinda on the bottom of my list :rolleyes:

If I rearrange my funds enough, I might be able to finally squeeze in that Matrix game I've wanted, but even thats a dream...

You can't just pick up a TOW launcher for cheap now a days.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused by this announcement in today's Gamespy newsletter:

Temple of Elemental Evil Demo Soon - Prophet
Atari passed along word that it plans to release a playable demo for its role-playing game, The Temple of Elemental Evil, sometime tomorrow - though specific details on what the demo will contain were not disclosed. The demo will be available sometime tomorrow from Atari.com and will give gamers a taste of this RPG based on the classic module developed by Dungeons & Dragons creator Gary Gygax. Look for the demo to show up tomorrow on Atari.com and on FilePlanet.
So is the game not released yet? If so, how did BigBlue play it? Or did they pull it for some reason?

B

BigBlue

The old days when demo's were released first seems to have gone by the wayside recently... At least with the last few games I've bought...

They release the product first, then the demo to boost sales I guess...

Neverwinter did the same thing as I recall - game first then a playable demo...

Ferret

Staff member
I played ToEE to the end and was impressed how Atari was able to bring the D&D 3.5 Edition rules to life on this otherwise short adventure...unfortunately, I played it before any kind of patch had been released. As a result I had to muddle through FAR too many bugs...if they ever put out a sequel I'll play it just because I fig by then they'll fix everything they did wrong w/ the first one.

Neverwinter Nights is still my fav D&D CRPG.

-Ferret

"Baldur's Gate? Blech!"