anyone knows a Blasto-geddon deck?

R

rYaNsPVT

i heard about a rumored Blastoderm-Armageddon deck... the keycards of the deck is a really big creature that is easy to cast(preferably green), then cast an early Armageddon or wildfire... an emperor croc is not advisable, of course!...

this is a good topic to argue about...
i tried to construct one, but it's not so effective... the decklist is this:

Creatures:
4 Llanowar elves
4 Priest of Titania(my two most favorite cards in my decks)
4 Blastoderm
3 Skyshroud Elf
2 Argothian Wurm
2 Serra Angel
1 Elvish Piper(i'm thinking of replacing it with something nasty, like mind twist or power sink, or kaerverk's torch, Volcanic Geyser)

Spells
4 Giant Growth
4 Rancor
2 Tranquility
2 Hurricane
2 Earthquake
2 Land Grant
2 Reclaim
2 Wild Growth
1 Armageddon
1 Wildfire

16 forests
4 Treetop village
1 Shivan Oasis(cnt find this card in my place)

m thinkin of placing artifact-mana or adding new lands from invasion, but after i've faced an angry living lands-gaeas cradle, i think that's abt the end of this deck...

this deck was not supposed to be so serious... if you got violent reaction to this...

jst let me know of possible "piss-off" variants...

[Edited by rYaNsPVT on 11-24-00 at 06:30 AM]

D

DÛke

...I can tell you that it is not a "rumored" deck. It actually exists. I have no idea what cards it has though; could someone please answer him? I don't like seeing people with questions but no answers...

D

Demon

I found this decklist at Tim's Monthly Magic, url
http://www.nggnet.com/features/Magic/Magic.htm

Not a site I've visited before, but a quick internet search turned this up. More searching will probably find other variations. Anyway, here it is:

Blastogeddon

Birds of Paradise (6th Edition) x 4
Llanowar Elf (6th Edition) x 4
Blastoderm (Nemesis) x 4
Kavu Titan (Invasion) x 4
Saproling Burst (Nemesis) x 3
Parallax Wave (Nemesis) x 3
Armageddon (6th Edition) x 4
Noble Panther (Invasion) x 4
Aura Mutation (Invasion) x 2
Sterling Grove (Invasion) x 2
Chimeric Idol (Prophecy) x 4
Elfhame Palace (Invasion) x 4
Brushland (6th Edition) x 4
Forest x 10
Plains x 4

A brief article about the deck accompanies this list at the above site, including suggested sideboard.

comments?

D

DÛke

...take out 2-3 Forests and replace them with Land Grants. That way, you could manupilate the library a bit more.

D

Duel

Yeah, land grants are essentially good forests. Only problem? Counterspell.....

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Here is my very screwed up Type II BlastoGeddon variant:

BlastoGeddon V. Blue

10 Forest
4 Island
3 Plains
2 Elfhame Palace
2 Hickory Woodlot
1 Brushland

4 Skyshroud Ridgeback
3 Llanowar Elves
3 Pygmy Razorback
4 Silt Crawler
2 Trained Armodon
4 Blastoderm
1 Zanam Djinn

2 Land Grant
1 Scouting Trek
2 Harrow
2 Seal of Cleansing
2 Armageddon
2 Parallax Wave
2 Excavation
2 Collective Restraint
2 Chimeric Idol

You may be wondering some things, such as the significance of the inclusion of blue. Well, obviously I'm not going to play Armageddon when I have an Excavation and all their lands are untapped, or depend on Collective Restraint for defense after casting Geddon. Instead, I treat this deck like Stompy, except with two options for augmentation: the white for Geddon and Parallax Wave, or the Blue for card drawing (as in my play group, people are strangely afraid of sacking their lands to Excavation) and other stuff. It seems like it shouldn't work, but it strangely does. I agree completely with Duel about Land Grant, which is why I included it.

However, I would like help, as this deck could also use improvement. And before you say it, let me tell you that I know that Global Ruins and Birds of Paradise might help.

D

Duel

Try my version

Blasto-geddon for the financially challenged

4 Armageddon
4 Blastoderm
4 Trained armadon
4 Chimeric idol
4 Llanowar elves
4 Quirion elves
2 Elfhame sanctuary
4 River boa
4 Armadillo cloak
2 Seal of cleansing
2 Wax/wane
12 Forests
10 plains

With only 4 rares (Armageddons) this deck is not as powerful as the versions earlier posted, but Demon's, for instance, had 18 rares. This deck is cheap, and (for it's price) quite good, just using cheaper versions of some of the good cards. However, there's no replacement for parallax wave...

R

rYaNsPVT

yeah, that's what i'm talkin about, it has a blastoderm and an Armageddon in it... and not to mention more easier for me to look for other proxies... are you some kind of a magic guru??? or are you from WOTC??? anyways, i'm always contented with your suggestions... although my girlfriend makes me retire as a magic player(even if i jst started playing magic this june)... i told her that i would jst keep one deck and some cards with sentimental value(angels, rebecca guay illus'd cards)...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Duel's definitely not from WOTC, although Zadok might be able to say whether he's a Magic guru since they play together. :)

D

Duel

[me] places his legs in the lotus, and hover above the floor, humming[/me]

And how do you know I'm not from WOTC, spidey? I could be a rogue r&d man.....

Nah, I'm neither, but I am a scrub who knows alot about magic, which is a rare combo. Thank you, though. Glad I can help. I LOVE cheap, good decks....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
because I never see you at any of the R&D meetings!

Unless you're one of those telecommuting types... :)

D

Duel

In R&D yourself? I figured your for S&M, but, oh well. I could be anyone, even your best friend....

Okay, maybe not. But if a job opens, anyone who's listening, I have a recommendation!