Anyone interested in a really stupid RPG?

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date

Do you think this sounds interesting?

• Yes! I can hardly wait!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can wait. No thanks.

• RPGs suck, especially if fuzzy made them.

• Shut up TICM, you smell bad. (This option is always popular .:D)

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For AI computer classes in college, we had to write a program where the AI would "learn" as the game progressed. I can't remember what my group chose; I think it was that "Connect the Lines to make a Square" game (similiar to what the Survivor 2 players played). THAT was an all-nighter... :)

P

Prince RXI

Just to let you guys know, Ransac and I are both interested in this

Prince RXI,... RGPs... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

We're going to get an E!

:) :) :)

The game needs to be run on a specific version of TrueBASIC, and we included the setup file for it, but the game needed to work on a Mac, and the file we included is unusable on Macs.
This means that on the peer grading section, which was 15%, we only got points for the manual and the box.

Given what a stingy idiot our computer teacher is, he's probably going to fail us even though he could easily get a copy online for free (we distributed the demo version).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it! :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Strange news: Apparently, we didn't fail. Today we found out our grades for this quarter, and no one in the group got lower than a high C (and the project was about 90% of the grade).

Hopefully we can get the game up in some form within about a week.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

I, who go to the same school as the three of them (not next year, I'll be going to a different high school), also made a game. It was programmed in Hypercard. It-

*TURD CUTTER!!! is interrupted by everybody.

Everybody: "What the hell is Hypercard"
It's this really old authoring/scripting system that only works on macs and isn't being made anymore.

Anyway, our game is really crappy. An infinite enslaught of enemies come on and shoot you, while you shoot back. There's only two levels in the game-one with two enemies on the ground, one coming from each direction. The other has those same two enemies, and a flying enemy that drops down shots that can hit you. I'm not sure what grade I got on the project, but I got a B for the marking period.

R

RabidKimba

I once had hypercard... on a Mac SE from about 8 years ago. I still have the manual for it. How did you find a copy, TC!!!?

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

At school, the computers are Mac OEs. They all have Hypercard on them. We actually learned how to program in Hypercard at school. We also learned how to use TrueBASIC. It's sort of good that we learned how to use Hypercard, because our game would have been a pain in the butt to program in TrueBASIC.

F

fuzzy510

It seems as if we are having some technical difficulties. If anyone can help out, please do.

S

superguy

My best guess would be that the file is too big and that site's server doesn't let any files bigger than (insert # here, probably 5 megs) be uploaded to its servers.

F

fuzzy510

I have ID'd the problem, but now Tripod is screwing up, so when THAT is straightened out, I'll post here letting you know that.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The link reportedly works now. Feel free to download the game.

(BTW, I say reportedly because it doesn't work on my computer, but then my computer sucks anyway, so lol @ me :rolleyes:)

I don't know if fuzzy stressed this anywhere, so I will:
Your computer needs to be set on 1024 by 768 pixels for this game to work.
If it isn't (and most good computers (this assessment not including mine) are), don't rush into switching it, because your monitor may be messed up if you do switch it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm confused and have no clue how to set this up. Can anybody give me a "downloading shtuff for dummies" version of how to do this?

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gerode

Ah HA! I programmed in SuperCard before!
Our school was throwing out some old software this year, and I was asked to bring some of the stuff to the garbage collector. I was able to rip of 15 SuperCard CD's.

Wow. That was random.

Ransac: I was able to just follow the links and download it fine.

G

Gerode

I voted that because I don't like RPGs in general.

Saying your RPGs are stupid was just an added bonus! ;) j/k