Anyone for Beyond Balderdash?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
YES!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this to restart again!!!!!!! Count me in!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what the category is, players PM me what they think the answer is. Then I post the list of answers and players PM me what their choice is. I usually give an extra point for submitting a "prelim" answer to encourage answering, but maybe I'll just say if you didn't submit an pre-lim answer, you can't guess an answer from the final list. I'm still deciding.

L

Limited

I would like to play.. Who makes up the questions? Are they ungoogleable or are we just supposed to not look **** up?

And what is a prelim answer?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I "make up" the questions since I'm running the game (I actually use real Beyond Balderdash cards). I believe the subjects are generally un-googable but it's always the honor system...

A "pre-lim" answer is the first set of answers that I gather from everyone. So if the category is initials and the initials are W.B.C., you, Ransac, and Oversoul would have to PM me what you think those initials stand for. Those are the pre-lim answers. Then I post the full list of answers and you pick one which you think is the right one.

T

train

Looks like a following here...

Is there point scoring? I don't remember that part...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, lots of people... maybe we'll start tomorrow...

Yeah, there's a point scoring. You get 1 point for getting the right answer plus 1 pt for everyone else picking your answer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, I did some sort of game like this in my high school AP lit class and I was VERY bad at it. I'm in.

E

EricBess

I'll probably do something once in a while, but I'm not the most creative... We should make it clear that using the internet to help search for the "correct" or even a "plausible" answer shouldn't be allowed, though it's sort of a gentleman's agreement ;)