Anyone esle from Minnesota here?

M

MagicRumorMill

Hi I live in Minnesota and I play magic in several stores and casual groups. Are there any magic fans here from Minnesota to chat with or schedule some play time with?

lmk

J

D

DarthFerret

sorry, not me, I am from Texas....but, Welcome to the CPA, hope you enjoy yourself here!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
When I was visiting Minnesota, we hit some card shops and the Magic cards were pretty expensive compared to over here. I feel sorry for you if it's still that way (this was back when Prophecy was new).

C

Crackdown

Oversoul said:
When I was visiting Minnesota, we hit some card shops and the Magic cards were pretty expensive compared to over here. I feel sorry for you if it's still that way (this was back when Prophecy was new).
Cards are expensive here. In the Mpls-St. Paul area, one guy stocks many of the stores so that the prices are the same. Stores such as Shinders do their own pricing and sometimes that's good and other times not.

[Warning: Soapbox being mounted.]

I like to support the card shops where I play, so I'll usually purchase a card or two from them each week at FNM. I don't care if it's 20% or so overpriced for the most part because I enjoy playing there and too many card shops have gone away for lack of support. Seriously, Ebay is great for buying cards, but if too many of the card shops go away, it's going to be MTGO all the time.

Many card shops are run as a side business by people who love the game but really have another job full time. It's not just a matter of economics for them, it's enjoyment as well. If the business becomes tedious and people are not supporting the shop, there will come a time when the mounting stress kills the fun and the owner will simply decide to walk away. That's happened here a few times already over the past few years.

[Returning to the thread]

Yes, I live in Minnesota. Send me a PM some time.

Killer Joe

Crackdown said:
[Warning: Soapbox being mounted.]

I like to support the card shops where I play, so I'll usually purchase a card or two from them each week at FNM. I don't care if it's 20% or so overpriced for the most part because I enjoy playing there and too many card shops have gone away for lack of support. Seriously, Ebay is great for buying cards, but if too many of the card shops go away, it's going to be MTGO all the time.

Many card shops are run as a side business by people who love the game but really have another job full time. It's not just a matter of economics for them, it's enjoyment as well. If the business becomes tedious and people are not supporting the shop, there will come a time when the mounting stress kills the fun and the owner will simply decide to walk away. That's happened here a few times already over the past few years.
I have seen this happen :(