Any Other Lunch Money Fans?

B

BigBlue

That game kicks some serious Ass!

Any game featuring Bitch Slap and Hail Mary. . .

T

train

Oh my GAAAAAAUUUUUUUUDDDDD!!!!

Where can I get one of these - I used to own it, but I have no idea where to look for it!!!!

It is the SHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIII________!!!!!!!

C

Chaos Turtle

I've never played it, but I thought the ad was funny. Maybe I'll give it a try if it's recommended and I can find it next time I'm in Atlanta.

Speaking of relatively obscure card games, anyone ever play Fluxx?

T

train

Never played fluxx...

Just lunch money, pokemon - those were my down and out days - netrunner, L5R, Magic and a little Jyhad/V:TS...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
God, that's a fun game. Just make sure the people you're playing it with have a sense of humor...;)

T

theorgg

Sweetness! Fluxx ROXX!

THESE are the kind of games I envisioned this forum for!

Ever tried Brawl? It's simple like Fluxx and Lunch Money... but there are no turns. It's a Real-Time Card Game, and you go as fast as you possibly can! I've played three games in under two minutes! Heh!

Any other good card games like that out there that I can think of? Well, there's Atom Bomb Games's Totem thats pretty cool, and, of course, a multitude of CAGs like Give Me The BRAIN! and Renfield... but then again, Renfield is a gambling game, and thus is going out of print by unpopular demand...

Any other good, quick, fun card games that I've missed? It's late(for my currently-monthly hours), so I can't think strait.

I'm going off for some breakfast...

Z

Zadok001

Fluxx is nothing short of amazing. :) Awesome game!

Lunch Money is amusing, but not very challenging. If you can get a bunch of people together to play, though, it can get violent... (Not that it's a BAD thing...)

T

theorgg

Because I love all of ya'll, I'm gonna give away a Cheapass Game that fits the holiday quite well: fight the power! ( taken from Public Enemy's song)

You play rogue squads of Santa's Elves and try to take over the North Pole.

Needed: Four D6 per player

Each die represents an elf. All players roll the dice to begin the game. Whoever has the lowest roll goes first, then play proceeds to the left.
There are two ways to win: Either get enough elves to overthrow Santa(eight) or small enough to rat out the other elves without being incriminated(zero elves). Whoever reaches one of those plateaus first wins.
During your turns, you either recruit or fight. Recruiting: if you have more dice of a single rank than your opponent, you can recruit a die of that rank(like five pips showing, et cetera) from an opponent and move it from his control to yours.
Firght: choose a player and attack him. roll all, some or none of your dice, and the defender must roll all of his dice. Whoever shows the single highest number wins. If the highest numbers are tied, compare the next highest and so on. The winner must take one dei from the loser and retain its rank. If all dice are tied, the player with more dice wins. If there are no extra dice, the fight is a draw and noone wins.

Also(because I did take this without asking from their catalog), there's a plug for Chef Herman's Holiday Fun Pack that has a TON of games just like this in it. I've heard its a great value, but I havn't gotten it yet...

T

train

Tahnks for the game!... Maybe this is something my wife and kids would be willing to play... Though I may change the theme a bit... Traitor elves attacking Santa probably wouldn't sound too good to the youngins...

Also(because I did take this without asking from their catalog), there's a plug for Chef Herman's Holiday Fun Pack that has a TON of games just like this in it. I've heard its a great value, but I havn't gotten it yet...
That's a great CYA technique...

Until...

Cheapass Game...
is looked back upon... smart thing putting the Cheapass comment early on in the post...
;) :p

Thanks Again!!!...

T

theorgg

Err... someone found this, and told me I had to put THIS link on the thread.

No hard feelings? :rolleyes:

Actually, it's good to kill an hour.. or more if you download one of the computer game demos.