Any MTGO players?

N

Notepad

I am thinking of playing MTGO pretty soon. Before I started up I wanted to know if any CPA members are on it.

Any of you play MTGO or planning to?

I

Istanbul

I play as Istanbul. I'm not that hard to find, especially in Casual MP.

T

theorgg

CPAlliance The Orgg

Sadly, they want 9.99 for The Orgg, and I can't afford it. I was given the Beta-Test name for free, and it seems that somone took "theorgg" The Orgg" and even CPATheOrgg"

:mad:

N

Notepad

Damn, that's too bad. I wonder why somebody would want to go impersonate you. "CPATheOrgg" is definitely proof at least one person is trying to be you.

T

theorgg

It freaked me out, too...

I think it was Timster, personally. The little **** is actually on MOL, as Timster...

Since he likes you, you might want to find out what the hell his deal is...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe that means he took CPASpiderman or variations thereof (Spiderman is too common). So be warned, I am not on Magic: Online!

N

Notepad

Istanbul and Orgg, how in the world would I be able to hit you up sometime for a game?

I finally got on MTGO, but I can't figure out how to send private messages or interchannel messages. Seems like everything revolves around clicking on a person when they're in the same channel.

In case you want to add me to your buddy list, my name on MTGO is *dramatic drumroll*

SeFRo

...as if that was a surprise ;) Would be fun to play a game with y'all CPA members, or do some trading. My Walking Nightmares deck is turning out to be quite good. Through heavy trading I have gotten it to a formidable casual nightmare deck, and a total collection of 161 cards. :D

As for Timster, it would be funny to play or trade with him. I wonder how he'd act on MTGO. I don't think he likes me, though. He doesn't insult me, so maybe that just looks like friendly attitude since he's always cutting down the site. Myself, I can somewhat relate to him. I like to sometimes be a pain in the oink, too, but it isn't rewarding online. Much more rewarding to be an oink in real life. ;) :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My feeling is that because you were the first to have "decent" articles (in his view) in a while, he thought you had potential but since you've decided to stay with us, you've lost it. :)

R

rkoelsch

Bought Magic Online. I haven't actually got in yet but I have an account. I am rkoelsch there also.

I was in Best Buy buying Lord of the Rings and I saw MTGO there. I thought I would give it a try. I wasted more than $15 on more idiotic stuff.

C

Chaos Turtle

Well, I played my free draft (beta-tester) hoping to score some packs and a rare I could trade for tickets, thereby funding my next draft. Unfortunately, I was totally outclassed in the second round by an 1800+ (already!?) drafter who tore me a new one with Ghostly Wings.

I'm Chaos Turtle there too, by the way. Don't look for me anytime soon, though. I spend entirely too much on paper magic. Some night when I'm itching for a draft, perhaps...

T

train

It's hard for me to imagine spending money on something I'll never touch.

Personally I think magic should invest in a program that lets players use any cards they want to play anyone online, but charge a subscription fee for it. That way you can test decks, play, strategize, have fun, and pull out without losing any real dough anytime you want....

T

train

I haven't bothered too much with any of the on-line, what's apprentice?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apprentice is a free program developed by DragonStudios to play online vs an opponent for free. It has all of the card sets and there's another program called NetDraft which allows drafting (I think they work together). Check out www.e-league.com and click on "Programs/Patches" in the box on the left to download it. You make your own deck and can play online (either arrange with someone beforehand or troll some of the IRC channels to find an opponent) or you can goldfish against yourself.

You might also be able to open two sessions of Apprentice and play two decks against yourself, but I haven't tried it yet.

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Spiderman
You might also be able to open two sessions of Apprentice and play two decks against yourself, but I haven't tried it yet.
Yes, you can do that.

N

Notepad

So, I wanted to update the list of MTGO CPA players. This is the list:

Chaos Turtle (as Chaos Turtle)
Istanbul (as Istanbul)
rkoelsch (as rkoelsch)
SeFRo (as SeFRo)
theorgg (as CPAlliance The Orgg)

Are there any others who go on MTGO? This is such a small list (which must mean most of ya are lucky enough to live near opponents).

R

rkoelsch

I think Lotus Mox is online as well. Can't remember his screen name

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by SeFRo
So, I wanted to update the list of MTGO CPA players. This is the list:

Chaos Turtle (as Chaos Turtle)
Istanbul (as Istanbul)
rkoelsch (as rkoelsch)
SeFRo (as SeFRo)
theorgg (as CPAlliance The Orgg)

Are there any others who go on MTGO? This is such a small list (which must mean most of ya are lucky enough to live near opponents).
I play also (FerretCPA). Others you can find are Dark Tira and Whuppinboy.

-Ferret

"I'm usually on around midnight EDT"