Any Founder's thoughts?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As I promised in my reply to Gizmo, I for one would like to hear any Founder's thoughts on WHY they chose to form the CPA. I guess TomB and Baron Sengir kind of mentioned it in their articles but I know there are a couple more (with the exception of Ferret since it seems he might not be here that often). I'd like to hear them because as Gizmo and Ura mentioned in their articles, they (and probably others)probably wouldn't have come here if the CPA had stayed "true" to its mission. There also seems to be a thinking that the CPA is suddenly changing NOW its direction when I was thinking it had strayed and was just trying to regain its footing.

I vaguely remember the arguments and passion that began on the Dojo boards to create the CPA and would like the Founders to explain what they were feeling then to give that sense to the newcomers and why there's been all this discussion in the first place.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a push for returning to the mission statement. Its purpose is to give a sense of what the Founders felt at the "dawn of time" and why they felt the CPA was necessary, what drove them to such a desperate act :), etc. Although Dune? seems to have got the ball rolling on starting some CPA issues in other threads, I do not envision the CPA turning into a militaristic, political, over-pushing meddling body as some seem to think it might become, IF in fact the CPA does decide to go with the "lobbying" way.

Wow, did that last sentence make sense? Oh well...