Anthony Alongi concedes.

O

orgg

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/aa243

'tis a sad day. Anthony Alongi, a man who has written an article a week, barring two weeks, for over eight years is now leaving the game.

I didn't realize it, but I really did look forward to his comforting, almost fatherly prose each week.

I've sent him a personal goodbye e-mail, but I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news to this site... but unfortunatly... we have to say Goodbye to Alongitog, a person who linked the CPA many times in the years before Magicthegathering.com.

J

jorael

He did some great stuff and a lot of good articles. Also check out his stuf at SCG.

The last few months, however, his articles did not make an impression to me. No surprises, no new insights. A new player and reader might not have that idea, of course.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
we have to say Goodbye to Alongitog, a person who linked the CPA many times in the years before Magicthegathering.com.
He did?

I have to agree with jorael, I haven't been too impressed with his writing in the last 6 months to a year or so. Perhaps it's because I'm not really playing Magic to try out his variations, but they just didn't seem to grab me.

His early days on the Dojo were the best :)

Tag Guard

turgy22

Nothing Special
Count me among those who will certainly miss Anthony's writing. His was basically the one article I had to read every week at mtg.com. I think, towards the end there, that some of his ideas for new formats were a bit of a reach, but when he got on a roll and discussed the issues of the game, you could tell that he was still the great writer he's always been. Just a few weeks ago, he started his "Big Idea" columns, which IMO, will be just as important to the world of casual play as anything he wrote about multiplayer.

I'm working on a goodbye email myself. Anthony has always been a big influence on me and is largely the reason I decided to start writing about Magic.

Tag Guard

J

jorael

Hmm.... that surprises me. Didn't think of him.

Cool, I'm curious what he has to offer.

O

orgg

I find it very ironic.

Those two had quite the grudge going on multiplayer theory a few years ago.

Anthony believes that politics is not in any way applicable to multiplayer, but The Ferrett believes firmly that politics works perfectly.

T

train

I have to state that politics works also...

Of course - I prefer dictatorship...

T

train

Well... yeah...

I feel it works best that way... Besides - who oculd better rule the Dominaria world if not for me?