Answers to Indestructible...

T

train

Okay...

Being the utility person I am... This thread is being opened for me, and all of you... for ideas to get around the indestructible found in darkteel...

My current thoughts:

Humility
Humble
Swords to Plowshares
Exile
False Prophet

As for dealing with artifacts...

Splinter
Animating them, and then using the above cards...

Built in defenses -
regeneration
bounce

M

Mikeymike

-X/-X effects
Duplicant :D
Arrest
Eradicate (now there's a surprise for your opponent)
Faceless Butcher + immediate sacrifice upon CiP
Apocalypse (though there have to be more efficient means)
Diabolic and Chainers Edict, Grave Pact, Abyssal Gatekeeper, and Barter in Blood
Altar's Light (this just got a little better)

Built in defenses
Icy Manipulator, Tap critter/artifact effects
Moat, Form of the Dragon
Maze of Ith, Kor Haven
Ensnaring Bridge
Tangle, Constant Mists, etc.

M

Mefta16

here's some

Iridate
Wing Shards
Soul Nova
Denying Wind

T

train

This is exactly what I'm talking about - keep this thread growing guys!!!...

Especially if your idea isn't already listed...

I'm kind of wondering how this became a "general CPA stuff" thread...

wouldn't it be more cards, decks, or strategies?...

R

Rooser

I'm a little more worried about the non-creatures than the creatures. People already know how to pack proper creature control like swords and edict and stuff. Also, soft-locks work, like Ensnaring Bridge.

Altar's light, if that hasn't already been suggested. I think it was specifically designed for this purpose.

I think bounce might be the best answer, because most of these indestructible things are overcosted, and you can just win by beating them in the tempo war. People are worried about darksteel collossus, but it still has the inherent drawback of costing 11.

But it's a tough one really, and that's why I want a simple artifact edict card in fifth dawn. Just one. Nothing to hose the mechanic, just something to add a bit more of a liability to it.If somebody's gonna cheese me out with a Darksteel REactor, I want them to be playing 3 or so other artifacts too.

I

Istanbul

Countermagic of any flavor.
Theft (Persuasion, Control Magic, Blatant Thievery, etc.)
Pacifism effects on the creatures (Pacifism, Hobble, Kirtar's Desire)

N

Notepad

The best way to kill the indestructible items: Kill the owner. :D ;)

I

Istanbul

I fully expect indestructible creatures to absolutely WRECK Limited.

R

Reverend Love

The Colossus is no joke. I've got a buddy who absolutely ran wild with him last Saturday (Japanese stores are selling stuff already :) ) Indestructible, when you read it you think

"interesting..but damn he costs alot!"

But after seeing him Metalworked into play, Copper Gnomed into play. Your like.....aaagh poop...then you realize uh-oh..my naturalize is worthless nor can I gang block him...chumping isn't an answer since he's got trample.

Long story short the Colossus is worth every mana spent his way....especially when hasted.. :( I think everyone who played were impressed by the Colossus end day.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by train
I'm kind of wondering how this became a "general CPA stuff" thread...

wouldn't it be more cards, decks, or strategies?...
It's not really a deck and it's not really a "Single Card Strategy". As such, I felt the proper place was General (the catchall category).

Someone should list the ideas by color :) I'm definitely interested in the ways to deal with it once it's already on the table as I don't want to rely on blue's countermagic all the time in my games.

Except maybe Control Magic :)

O

orgg

'ell, I'd say Ignore It.

What serious deck'll be playing the Indestructables? The land, granted, will be played some. The Soldevi Excavations thing will be, too... but really, nothing Indestructable is that huge.

I'm going to have a Fog Bank ready for that 3/3 flyer. Who doesn't play with Reprisal if they're plaing white?

Granted, if the Colossus does get played against you, it hurts... but I just don't think it'll get played enough to worry about in any serious manner.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it will get played in my MP group and I don't play with Reprisals, just StP. But I do play with Meekstone :)

M

Mikeymike

Then off course there are overly complicated combos. Like Sword of Kaldra on a pinger, with some Karn/Thran Forge action.

Oh yeah, big one.

Memnarch - Now cast Akroma's Vengeance tough guy.

T

train

Okay... Cool on the moving bit... just wondered...:cool:

As for other answers... hurkyl's recall... warped devotion;)

M

Mikeymike

Oo, Boomering/Capsize plus Meddling Mage/Null Chamber.

I have a feeling that bounce will be effective vs. Darksteel Colossus in particular, b/c I think a lot of people will be tricking it into play with "fetch from the library" effects.

N

Notepad

Against the other darksteel items, bounce may not be the best option, though. I imagine we'll see some Armageddon/Citadel decks out there.

N

NorrYtt

I was playing a 3-way at FNM with dorks who only bring their tourney decks.

I'm playing Oath of Druids up my Serra Avatar/Exalted Angel/Scion of Darkness, equip Lightning Greaves, swing.

Both of these turds are playing W/B Control. There's 24 board sweepers between them (Stone, A.V., Wrath) and probably more kill after that.

Raw-dog Darksteel Colossus PWNED THEM. They had no answer to an 11/11 trampling indestrutible creature in 2 turns. They absolutely shat bricks but no Slide means GG.

That guy is worth every mana. I'm going to try and Tooth and Nail a couple of him into play at FNM soon.

Some cards just alittle better (* /me strokes his 3 Foil Molder Slugs *)

T

train

my guess...

"No slide means GG"
No Astral Slide (to slide out my guy) means Good Game(Game over)...;)