Anouncement for RPG players

R

Rando

It has been brought to my attention that the current Skill System we have been using for this game may not be working out. It is thought that having a limit on the number of times you can use your skills keeps the players from wanting to use them at all, out of fear that a better oppertunity may come.

I have to agree.

As such I am reverting to the more free-style method we used back on MTGnews. EricBess and sageridder will recall this.

Instead of having a certain number of abilities that can be used a certain number of times, just make it up as you go. When you encounter a situation and think of a skill that may be handy, then just do it. Use the situation and your character as guidlines for your abilities.

Obviously, there is a lot of room for abuse here. Just remember not to do anything that a sensable person would deem "over-the-top." No Multi-Blast-Fireball-Nuke-Spells-From-Beyond please.

Also, be sure the ability fits the character. Think of an area that your character would specialize in and draw your abilities from that.

A wizard may cast fire-bassed magic.

An elf may be skilled in acrobatic feats.

A ranger-type may have a deep understanding of wilderness lore.

As you can see, each of these areas is broad enough to allow many different and interesting skills.

Please remember that I reserve veto power, for the sake of the game as a whole, to disallow any thing you try to do that I think is too powerfull or unbalanceing.

Post any questions you have bellow. EricBess, sageridder and DUke may like to give examples of how it used to be, also.

I think you'll find that this system gives you a great deal of freedom to expand your character and make them unique. Any ideas you may have for a "area of power" your character may have could also be posted bellow.

And, of coarse, if no one likes this idea, then we won't do it.

jp

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is true.

I HAVE been saving my powers 'cause I'm thinking something else will come along that will need them more. So now we're free to make it up. Cool...

R

rkoelsch

as long as the characters are reasonable. We are all semi-mature people and the story is what we are here for, not to say I toasted more bad guys than the next guy.