Another site-saving idea from the guy who brought you countless other rejected ideas.

R

Rando

Beyond Dominia is in it's death throws. When it's long-time devotees pack up and move on, they have little in the way of choices in where to re-congregate. The other logical forums, being the Official message boards and those of MTGnews, are large and un-weildly, and an easy place to get lost amoung thousands.

Now, since what is generaly assumed to be "Casual" magic play and Type I regretably go hand in hand, I propose we try a bit to attract the now displaced type I community here.

This could help to generate the much sought-after Magic-Rennisance that many here have hoped for. Type I is a very rich enviorment that some may like the chance to write about. Also, there has been more and more conversation on the net in the past few months about Type I, and reforms that should or should not be made by Wizards and the DCI to help this format. Since it seems to be becoming a bit of a "hot topic", now may be a good chance start the conversation here.

Since all of my ideas in the past in regards to helping this site grow/develope/stablize have been met with at best tepid and at worst hatefull feed-back, I do not expect this to get more then 3 or 4 replies and then fall to the bottom of the heap.

But, what the hell, I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds all well and good (and I thought BD was dead, not dying), but are there any specific suggestions or steps? Should we propose rakso as a mod? Set up a Type 1 forum (which I think you suggested in Suggestions)? Get Type 1 writers?

R

Rando

I think those would be good starts.

Perhaps Rakso would like to moderate a Type I forum here? That alone would draw in some of the BD straglers and and perspective Type I players that happen to read his articles. Seeing how prolific he is in his writing, that alone could bring in some people.

You see, the thing is, we need to stop talking about doing something, and just do it. If it doesn't work, so what? At least we tried.

C

Chaos Turtle

That sounds like a fine idea. Has anyone asked rakso about it?

R

rkoelsch

Well I personally think it is a fair idea. Though the BDers tend to be more competetive Type 1 really fits the way most of our decks are built using all the cards people own. So I posted a link to the forums in a thread they had going about where to go. We'll see if we get any hits from it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think rakso said that Star City had a forum for him, but I don't know if the BD people have set up shop there or not...

R

rkoelsch

Most of the BDers don't like the current format for Star City Forums. You have to open each reply separately. Our forums are closer in format to theirs.

N

NeuroDeus

They are all moving to TheManaDrain btw... if no one has noticed.

R

Rando

Why not here? Any idea?
1 - Very focused forums.

2 - Very focused, serious Type I players.

3 - One of their own started the site.

4 - The term "casual" scares a lot of people.

...or sickens a lot of people, I'm not sure.