ANOTHER one from JB&J

T

theorgg

sic semper, from the John Boy and Billy bigshow website, bitspage section[for the one who asked]( http://www.thebigshow.com )

Not-So-Quotable Quotes
Proof positive that John Boy is not the only well-known person who occasionally has trouble communicating.

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.
-- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

Whenever I watch TV and see those poor staving kids all over the world, l can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.
-- Mariah Carey

Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two, but can't remember what they are.
-- Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law.
-- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes.

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
-- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

I've never had knee surgery on any other part of my body.
-- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
-- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.

They're multipurpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off.
-- Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1000 for an ordinary pair of pliers.

The President has kept all of the promises he intended to keep.
-- Clinton aide George Stephanopolous speaking on Larry King Live

We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
-- Jason Kidd, upon his drafting to the Dallas Mavericks

I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.
-- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

When more and more people are thrown out of work, unemployment results.
-- Former U.S. President Calvin Coolidge

China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese.
-- Former French President Charles De Gaulle

That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it.
-- A congressional candidate in Texas

It is necessary for me to establish a winner image. Therefore, I have to beat somebody.
-- Richard M. Nixon

The government is not doing enough about cleaning up the environment. This is a good planet.
-- Mr. New Jersey contestant when asked what he would do with a million dollars.

I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.
-- John Wayne

Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.
-- General William Westmoreland

If you let that sort of thing go on, your bread and butter will be cut right out from under your feet.
-- Former British foreign minister Ernest Bevin

Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.
-- Former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower

©2000 John Boy & Billy Inc. All rights reserved.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just letting you know, the Mariah Carey quote is false. Check out:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/carey.htm

This is an urban legends website BTW which has a lot of interesting debunking/verification going on.

Don't believe everything you read! :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Thanks for pointing that out.:rolleyes:

If you must dredge up ancient threads, would you mind at least contributing to the topic somehow?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I think it's an important thing to know not to believe everything that you read.

Also, see Rooser's sig...

R

Rooser

To be fair Oversoul, there is such a thing as overdoing the thread necromancy deal - also I've made sure to necro things in a way that tries to rekindle newfound discussion of the topic. You're kinda stretching here.

Although I won't lie - I do find a certain comedy in your nonchalant, "Gee, this is an old thread, huh?" approach to necroing.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, in my defense, this was one of the earlier thread necros I did. I am being more selective, after having already used the "wow, this is an old thread" line...

C

Chaos Turtle

I have no problem with "thread necromancy" (great name). I've been known to do it myself one or...well, just once I think. But it's temporally disorienting and I think that it's best to let old threads lie unless one is actually going to continue the discussion in some way.

Don't take it hard (I'm sure you haven't). After all, some of the things I pull in these forums would get me temp-banned from certain other forums.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Keep in mind that this thread was one of the first ones to undergo "thread necromancy" in this particular spell of digging up old threads. I did it only because this thread was very old and I thought the content was funny.

The others are usually with a a bit more reason. The nuke deck one is a good example. We've actually been working on a deck for that (even if it is a few years late).

Oh, and the UBB code one was mostly because it was the oldest thread I saw. I don't claim to have any excuses on that one except LOOK HOW OLD IT IS.

Anyway, I can definitely understand that constantly bumping old threads would be annoying. Plus it throws other discussions off.

The Casual Players Alliance Thread Necromancy Team in no way condones such conduct. Done sparsely, however, thread necromancy can be quite fun.

You have to use it in moderation just like alcohol.

This post so totally should not have an "edited" thingy on it. I don't know what that's about. It said "alcohol" the entire time and not some other drug, believe me...

R

Rooser

*Begins having creepy prophetic visions*

April 23rd, 2009

Oversoul: Hey guys, this thread looks pretty old!
Chaos Turtle: Over-soouuuul!
Rooser: Clearly I am the only one intelligent enough to commit thread necromancy. Also I am the best poster ever and am the best. My decks are awesome.

O

orgg

Yeesh! This is O-L-D.

I mean REAL Old.

I don't even know if Johnboy and Billy still exist-- I havn't heard of them for years.

(though their 'camel' story was pretty funny...)

T

train

Though it is an old thread, I rather enjoyed it...

especially the knee surgery...:D