Another Game anyone?

E

EricBess

Okay, here's the deal. It seems to me that the one games going on right now are Balderdash (run by Spidey) and the RPG (run by Rando). I'd like to start one up here as well, but I've been trying to come up with something that puts everyone on as even a foot as possible. I think I may have an idea for this.

Has anyone ever played "What Were You Thinking?" Basically, each round there is a question that is some sort of trivia question. Sometimes, there is only one answer required, but typcially, you are asked to list several answers. For example, "List five famous captains".

The object isn't necessarily to get the correct answer, but to match answers with the other players. So, in the example given, one might list "Captain Bligh", "Captain Hook", "Captain Cook", etc. and these would be perfectly acceptable answers. However, if you happen to know that most of the people you are playing with are Star Trek fans, you would be far better off listing "Captain Picard", "Captain Kirk", and so forth.

Each round has one "loser". That's the person who got fewer points than anyone else. In this case, however, since not all players will play every round, I will be coming up with a scoring system that better fits the environment.

For now, I want to know how many people would be interested in playing. Also, if each person would let me know if they would like the rounds to be magic related or if they just want normal questions (or some proportion of each)

Based on the response, we can start sometime early next week (let's say Wednesday).

R

Rando

I'd play.

And I think that not-nessasarily-Magic-related questions would keep the game fresher.

E

ErinPuff

I'll play.

And I agree with Rando and them.. there should be *some* Magic questions, I think, though..

H

Hetemti

You have my attention.

I now add:
Captain Pike
Captain Janeway
Captain Sulu
Captain Sissay
Captain Crunch
Captain Stubing
Captain N, Game Master
Captain Pirate (Obscure reference)
Captain and Tinelle
Captain Caveman

A

Apollo

I'll give it a go... I may be gone for a while in July, though, so if the game goes that long I'll be out.

E

EricBess

With this much response, I think we will start on Monday and do one round a week. That way, anyone who was expecting to start on Wednesday will still have time to post. I'll put the first question and some scoring rules up Monday morning.

E

EricBess

The first question has been posted. If you still want to join and you haven't posted here, just PM me your responses and you're in. :D