Announcing the Draft event of the year!

R

Rooser

Well, okay, there will only be three of us, but this is just something so cool we have to video tape it. Afterwords I will transcribe this event and submit the whole thing as an article.

Anyway, here's what's going down:

Lately there's been three of us who've been fancying random weird drafts, (Like Ice Age, Masques, 7th Edition, or crap like that), so we have our occasional night were one of us buys a bunch of packs and we draft from them, and whoever bought the packs keeps the cards, (this prevents rare-drafting and such).

Anyway, last time we did this we came up with our idea for the - in the voice of the Comic Book Guy - "funnest draft EVER." It will also probably be one of the most expensive drafts ever, but hey, I'm not buying the packs, just the beer.

Our idea was this:

A draft of one pack each from each of the sets that only had 8 cards per pack.

That means we're drafting Homelands, Fallen Empires, The Dark, Antiquities and ... *drumroll* Arabian Nights.

This is just too wild an event not to document for posterity, and I'm sure a number of you CPA regulars would appreciate being able to vicariously enjoy the fun. We've already got most of the packs assembled, (Including the Arabian Nights packs), so we'll be doing this within the month, though transcribing it properly could take much longer, but when it's done I'll post it!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So when you say you have most of the packs "assembled", does that mean unopened Arabian Nights packs or just putting the cards together in a random 8 pack?

R

Rooser

No, I mean we actually have unopened Arabian Nights packs. We took a picture of the three of us holding one each in our mouths last night.

T

train

Well heck - that's so much cooler... it was the way you said

We've already got most of the packs assembled,
that made me think otherwise... though you did mention not buying the packs...

Any idea how much the packs were???...

Any nice things pulled?...

R

Rooser

well my friend's paying for the packs, and thus, gets to keep all the cards.

We haven't done it yet, but are liable to do it next weekend.

The Arabian Nights packs cost about 120 each, which is crazy, (I'd never pay for them just to draft, but my friend was willing....).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I sure wish I had $120 to drop on a box of an expansion. let alone a pack... heck, I'd probably just stock up on dual lands or something... :eek:

T

train

Well... I know you can get them for $89.00 - I was wondering if you all had gotten that deal...

Now - what would be a little more fun is adding Beta boosters or Alpha starters to the mix...

The boosters are about 130.00 and the starters are upwards of 350.00...

I'll word of command your...

I'll lose a life to Juzam...

Look Ali's not really from Cairo...

T

train

No they're not...

"But you can't throw down a first turn Juzam without dark rits, and moxen family members..."

T

train

There's a shop in the Dallas Area that has back to alpha starters...

The name of which eludes me - Software Asylum in abilene is the store that introduced me to the list of stuff he could get from that company and for what price - since I buy so much of his product anyway - he was going to only make me pay for the shipping and cost of the pack...

pack was 89. Shipping insured, signature delivery was about 7.00... total was 96.00... Unlimited packs were 110.00 - beta 130.00...

I'll see If I can find them on the web via searching...

I did find some for 115.00 - only 5 dollars cheaper than what you listed at trolladntoad.com...