Angry Person!!

L

linsivvi

Alright, this is a question, say you worked out an agreement with a person on the CPA trading board (cough Riva Iron Grip) and say after waiting 4 weeks from sending they don't send them. And since they don't send an e-mail or instant message or anything complaining about the cards, you assume they have them. And they they still don't send the cards. And then a little while later, you see that person trying to trade a couple of the rare foils you were supposed to get. So what do I do???

[COMPLETELY retyped to remove all-caps. That's annoying. Don't do it. I'll delete it next time. --Zadok001]

F

FoundationOfRancor

1) Quit typing in caps, its annoying.

2) PM him, alot.

3) Post another thread like this in Trading Section (Maybe a founder can move this?)

H

Hetemti

Call a lawyer. The emails you sent (you did save copies, right?) and the trade threads you have here are evidence of a verbal agreement. Ture, the "lost in the mail" thing might cause you to faulter, but it may be worth a shot.

Even if that route fails to bear fruit, I think there is enough evidence against him present on these boards to show he is not worthy of ever being considered as a traiding partner ever again.

L

linsivvi

the thing i found a little to coincadintal is the following:

after 4 or so weeks i did not get my cards

he didn't send me and PM IM or EMAIL asking "where my cards where" or anything so its quite obvious he got them

he ignored all my PM's and IM's

a RARE FOIL he was supposed to send me is up for trade in the trading area

This is the same Riva iron grip that supposadly had a black lotus he ripped off a kid

funny isn't it?

D

Daggertooth

Not really, I hope it wasn't an expensive rare.

There's not much you can do. I did have to file a fraud claim on ebay once. But I don't think there are any policies out there that can help you. I guess you just get ahold of him personaly and see what his responce is.

Daggertooth

Z

Zadok001

Watch the language. No all caps. There are three options regarding flames:

1. Limit them to PMs.
2. Be civil.
3. Get them deleted.

Between this and the stuff on Riva's threads in the trading board, I've about had it with this argument.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think that all that needs to be said has been said.

Moving to Trading.

Good luck to you.

M

Mr_Pestilence

This is just one of the reasons I've given up on trading/buying over the net. Even when both parties have the best intentions, it seems to take longer than necessary.

If one party intentionally defrauds the other, it just makes it worse.

Then there are others who don't intend to defraud the other party, but they have vastly different standards for grading their cards - their "mint" is my "unplayable".

So for now, I'll stick to face to face trading, and buy stuff only from reputable dealers that I have dealt with in the past.

A

Apollo

My input:

Zadok, copy it to word, then go to the Format tab and Change Case. Select it all, and click on "Lower Case" to switch it.

As for the trading thing, I can't really comment as I wasn't a party. I can say that some people, when it comes to trading, are really stupid.

Z

Zadok001

Apollo: Believe it or not, starting Word on my machine takes longer than retyping the message. I have 850+ fonts. :)

R

Riva Iron-Grip

linsivvi. one, i didn't email you because i wasn't home. two, i did not put up a rare foil that i was trading you. i got another one. (dummy). and 3, it has not been 4 weeks. your envelope was postmarked(reading it right now)april 3. so dont start talking crap too me. i just got them yesterday. 4, it's tax season so the post office is going to be really slow. now shut up and wait for your damn cards.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

oh yeah. and my pm doesn't work for the cpa so ifyou're trying to reach me, i dont get any new pms here. i'm not sure, but i think that it happened after they switched to this new format on the boards(not the theme)

G

Goku

Hetemti was right about the verbal agreement thing. However, I also know of a way to prove that it was not "lost in the mail", if it wasn't.

Tell him to send you an offical USPS (or whatever company he supposedly used) mailing confirmation.

Shipping companies have to be able to provide this, and if none are sent to you, then that is a valid argument in court.

K

KaVu_LoRd

if you ask him for the USPS confirmation and he knows what your planing, he wont send it to you, for fear of a law suit.

so, handle it the Ghetto way, go to his house, and bust his knee with a baseball bat. that always works. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a trader, but how often do people use the post office vs. FedEx or UPS?

And if you do use the postv office, how often do people use that option that requires the receiver to sign that he got the envelope (Confirmation receipt or something)? It's only like .75 more...

C

cbearsbro

Originally posted by Spiderman
I'm not a trader, but how often do people use the post office vs. FedEx or UPS?

And if you do use the postv office, how often do people use that option that requires the receiver to sign that he got the envelope (Confirmation receipt or something)? It's only like .75 more...
I get most of my bulk or type specific cards from ebay auctions. 95% use USPS. If the seller doesn't offer insurance or at the very least delivery confirmation, I ask for it depending on how much final bid was. < $50 I take my chances. Only 2 things have ever been lost in my transactions. Both of which were insured. So no harm, no foul, thank goodness :)

Certified return receipt wouldn't work for me unless I sent the package to my work. Which is not a "prefered" option. UPS is SUPPOSED to get a signature, but they just leave it on my doorstep. Fortunately, I live in a pretty safe neighborhood.

Out of curiosity, are the trades on this board overall usually pretty smooth?

M

Multani

Well, I had a trade with Riva. He still owes me a Thorny....:mad:

To answer cbearsbro's question, yes, most trades are pretty smooth. Out of oh..15 trades I've done, I've only had 2 rips, and one disagreement. That means 80% of the trades do go smoothly...

F

Firestorm

All the trades here on the CPA should go smoothly all the time. The only time I had troubles here was with Thrash Golem, but you know him ;). He did give me a good deal, though, so I shouldn't complain.

Most people use the U.S. Post Office(I've had none send via UPS).
If there is a trade disagreement this is a good way to go about it because it forces the other person to send or be ostrasized(big word!) and critisized until the disguised magpies wearing neckties eat the mayflies and life-size fireflies before sunrise over the highrise by the pigsties by the entire board ;). And personally, that should never happen, especially here.

A

Apollo

On here, I have had 3 (I think) successful transactions, with no problems. On other sites, though, I have had plenty of problems. People can just generally be stupid. I've had people agree to simul-sends and then wait until they get my cards anyway. I've had other people agree to a trade and then take 3 days to get my cards out. And I had one guy that agreed to a trade, then forgot about it. I emailed him about it and he replied and said he would send it out right away. So he forgot again. I contacted him again and was told that his mom threw away his old cards, and he would send mine back. So after 5 weeks, I got my own card back.

Right now, I'm in the process of trying to contact someone who may or may not have ripped me off, and I'm yelling at someone else who did a very bad job of trying to rip me off (you'd have to be an idiot to rip someone off with an AOL adress, because someone is paying for that and that person can be found).

In short, if you want to trade, it is best to do so with people on here. People that you more or less know via the net, and can contact easily.

BTW, I'm sure others have completed many more trades and have worse horror stories than mine.