An Ode to Greven

F

FoundationOfRancor

Does anyone Remember Greven Il-Vec? Remember, the coolest character in Magic? Anyway, after reading Rath and Storm, I became enthralled with Greven. He's so cool, and I was horriblly disapointed when he was killed off so effortlessely by that damn dirty minotaur! I want everyone at the CPA to stop by this thread and talk a little bit about Greven, his life, himself, what a cool guy he was...
Its almost a funeral.

Just to remind eveeryone, heres some quotes from him:

“The cannon wasn’t aimed at you!” pleaded Vhati.
“I’m not sure which is more pathetic,” replied Greven, “your judgment or your aim.”
“Sir, I just thought . . . ,” explained Vhati.
“Don’t think,” interrupted Greven. “It doesn’t suit you.”
Greven il- Vec lifted Vhati off his feet. “The fall will give you time to think on your failure.”

“Fear rules those weak enough to accept it.”
—Greven il- Vec

“I will flay the skin from your flesh and the flesh from your bones and scrape your bones dry. And still you will not have suffered enough.”
—Greven il- Vec, to Gerrard

“Volrath is a harsh master. My reflection is a constant reminder of that.”
—Greven il- Vec

“Rage is the only freedom left me.”
—Greven il- Vec

The match between Tahngarth and Greven was close only in the mind of the minotaur.

T

terzarima

Indeed, I agree, Greven was killed off way to early, probably just to tie up a loose end. Ertai replaced Greven as head lackey, so I guess greven had to go.

Hehe, Flavor text for no quater...

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

At least Greven still lives on in card form. I can still kill off slow combo decks with a big 7/5 nearly-unblockable creature while destroying the opponent's hand.