an I.B.C. Deck

Killer Joe

Invasion Block Constructed (IBC)
Black/Blue looks really good in an Invasion only environment, so here I go (w/o the help of the 'net), here's my IBC "Black/Blue Control" deck:
Black
2x Addle-Discard
1x Yawgmoth's Agenda-Graveyard Manipulation (great card)
Blue
3x Fact or Fiction-Card Advantage
4x Metathran Transport-Creature Control
4x Opt-Card Economy
4x Prohibit-Early Control
4x Voldalian something-a 1/1 creature for U1 that has discard ability (works well with Yawg Agen)
Gold
4x Undermine-Control
4x Recoil-Control/Discard
2x Lobotomy-Serious Disruption
1x Stalking Assassin-Creature Control
Split
4x Spite/Malice-Option of Control or Removal
Land
4x Salt Marsh
7x Swamp
13x Island
I have never been a really big fan of black, except for a splash of Derelor in 5CG, so this is really a 'breakaway' type deck for me to play.
I like it, the real big hero, IMO, is Fact or Fiction, man, I can usually get what I want or need and not worry about the draw-back because when I plop down the Agenda, I can use them then. BTW, the Agenda reads something to the effect of; I can play cards from my graveyard as though they were in my hand. Does this mean that if I have a land in my graveyard and I have Agenda on the board, I can play a land from my graveyard (It's not a spell, so the Agenda's effect is not triggered or whatever, right?!).
My play group is NOT happy with my deck, due to the fact that it can stall "big-time". But that's how I designed it, slow development while taking early damage but getting a soft lock with the discarding and removing (Recoil/Stalking Assassin). I've won more games with it than lost, but hey, everyones looking and experimenting with the new set still, so my deck is looking solid (sorta) for now.
I would really appreciate any comments as to how to improve on this "DECK CONCEPT".
Thanks!
"O"

D

Duel

Red
3x Urza's rage- Look at me! I'm a kill card!

Black
1x Yawgmoth's Agenda-Graveyard Manipulation (great card)
1x Tsabo's Decree- I kill rebels!
1x Vampiric tutor- Summon whatever!
2x do-or-die- Any removal!

Blue
3x Fact or Fiction-Card Advantage
4x Prohibit- anti-counterspell

Gold
3x Undermine- counterspell AND damage!
3x pyre zombie- control and kill. a bad Hammer.
4x Recoil- GREAT! The card screams "Look at me! I hit enchantments!"
2x Lobotomy- Hmm, I'll take mageta. And that one... and that one.....
2x Croisus, the purger- Because you CAN
2x Void- Sweep them clean
1x Reckless assualt- last-ditch manuever

Artifacts
3x Urza's filter

Split
4x Spite/Malice- removal control. Nice choice

Land
6x Mountains
7x Swamp
8x Island

Killer Joe

I thought about adding a third color, especially considering how slow Inavasion only decks will be. But I thought that by sticking with onlt two colors, I would gain a mana advantage. Playing with Green seems to be the only way to play with more than two colors.
Duel, your deck looks good for creature control, however, I tried to keep in mind a deck where there wouldn't be any wasted slots, for example, if I should face a relatively light creature based deck, then all my creature removal is wasted and esscentially dead card(s) (so Do or Die is a sideboard card for me).
As for Vampiric Tutor, I hope the judge(s) (or critics) in your area will accept it as a 'visitor' card from another expansion (I tried keeping my deck to Invasion only).
Reckless Assult is also anotrher sideboard card for my deck, though, I didn't think about it until I saw your list, thanks.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The 1/1 you were referring to is Vodalian Hypnotist, 1U, 1/1
2B,Tap: Target player discards a card in his/her hand. Play this ability only whne you could play a sorcery.

You might also want to try Seer's Vision
(2BU
Enchantment
Telepathy + sac for Coercion)
or maybe not, I don't know how your deck works.

Killer Joe

...is my problem. I'm stuck between discarding and control, the two don't seem to mix well in other environments, but I'm thinking that in Invasion Only, it might have a chance. Only time will tell since there are really NO IBC tournaments for a couple of months, and most folks are concentrating on the new type II season.
Thanks, I did consider the Seer, I just might again.

D

Duel

They mix in invasion. Look at Crosis. Look at Void.
The deck will work, I think blow-em-up will be a great deck type to play.
Pyre zombies work very well too, because tey keep coming back.

D

DÛke

...and I'm begging to like Blue, a bit.
For serious advice about Blue cards, ask Istanbul, but I gotta warn ya, you gotta choose your words PRETTY carefullY:).

Anyway, on to the deck, right now, I'm working on a B/U control myself.

Due to my long expierence of Black, I KNOW, that it doesn't mix very well with Blue's main power: countering.
I found that in a Black/Blue control deck, it is safe, and probably more appropriate to use Black's power: discard, for disruption rather than Blue's counter-ability.
You might want to include 1 or 2 counters just incase of emergincies, but, you shouldn't use counters as a main control base, since that will slow the Black side of your deck due to the "time" the counters take to be "used".

You have 4 Undermine in the deck. That's fine, but I would only put 2, and replace the the other 2 with Addles.
I don't see a "basic" kill card in your deck, and I have found out that Invasion DOES NOT have a BLUE creature that is worthy for control decks.

I don't know, but for some reason, Hypnotic Cloud looks pretty tempting to me. I would add 2. Get them early, use them. Get them late, abuse them:). Ravenous Rats seem to come to mind also, and Urborg Emissary also looks good for U/B control.

I'm still wandering around.
When I'm done, I'll post my U/B control version.

P

Purple_jester

I just thought I'd mention it, but your deck doesn't seem to have a KILL. Given that Invasion by itself has no discard-based killer card like Rackling or Avatar of Will, some creatures that deal 2 damage might be in order. You would do well to have a control deck which is supplemented by discard.

Killer Joe

I take great pleasure in tying up the game only to hit my opponent for one point of damage per turn (Metathran Transport). I didn't know I was trying to WIN with this thing, I was just trying to "Stall" long enough for my opponent to die of boredom ;)
And I already read DUke's POT, and it was 'some' good, thanks!

D

Duel

The key thing to remember is:
THERE IS NO COMBO

There is no bargain, there is no replenish, there is no rector, there is no sneak.

Use the creature control now, while the key kills are creatures. The only real kill-worthy card other than creatures is Urza's rage, and that's easy to deal with when you use black (Discard).

And, I agree, blue has too much mana of just blue used in countering in general. I'd play prohibits, if you splash blue, and then use recoil, lobotomy, seer's vision, and AVATAR OF WILL as a finisher. Empty their hand, then dominate with a few choice creatures.

Duke, this deck's for you

4 Unmask (I told you so)
4 Avatar of will
2 Seer's vision
2 Addle
4 Lobotomy
4 Recoil
2 Mind swords
2 Undermine (Only for damage)
4 prohibit
4 Nether spirit
4 Rituals
4 Cremate

Okay, you have an awful lot of discard. This keeps you in control. The nether spirit can be discarded to your own mind swords. Use cremate to keep YOUR graveyard clear and the nether spirit coming back. Keep their hand empty, and their threats off the table.