An article for some of the older players here

D

Dementia

I knew you old people were sneaky, but that is just cruel!!!

I can hear the stomach's of overwieght children everywhere grumbling in the distance already.

You know, many would say the whole thing about using childrens programed responces against them like that isn't fair, and is downright wrong.....I'm not one of them;)

M

Mundungu

I have been using my old age quite a few times both in casual and organised play.

Not in all the ways mentionned in the article (which was great reading) but some yes.

If you add to the equation that most events (casual or organised) I take part with see me equipped with a two piece suit and a tie ('cause I come straight from work), I most certainly enjoy a psychological advantage over the "younger players" (unless they know me from playing me b4).

I have even been "sir"ed on numerous occasion ...

Killer Joe

Just today, I was picking up my daughter from the local YMCA day camp center and two very attractive young women were comming out of the front doors as I was going in and the one stopped at the door, opened it and said, "After you, sir."
ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the humanity, um,...er....Humility :).

I

Istanbul

Tee-hee.

"When I was your age, cards were one color and one color only! If we wanted to play five colors, we played green, and that's that! You youngsters today...we didn't have this fancy-schmancy 'kicker' and 'fading' garbage...we had BANDING! And we liked it! There were three counterspells...Counterspell, Spell Blast, and Power Sink. And if you didn't like it, you didn't use blue! That was back in the days of Berserk. Ahhhh...good ol' Berserk. Good times...not like this 'Academy' garbage you young'uns seem to like! If you wanted a deck, you thought it up! And it usually won on turn 30, if it won at all! Games would last for HOURS! *grumble, grumble* Where's my Fork..."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

This seems like a very amusing strategy. I haven't fallen victim to it, I treat all opponents equally. Hey If I wasn't intimidated by the very large angry looking biker guy I played I doubt I will be by some old men;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I like it too, though I like it not as much for its obvious humor as for the fact that if anyone uses it on me I can play along for a while on purpose, doing the opposite version of exactly what was suggested before serving for 20 with a Thopter Squadron.
I could borrow my younger brother's Pokémon shirt (that's probably two sizes too small).
Also, if I'm feeling especially nasty, I can start every game by putting my deck next to my opponent's deck ("That's how the Starter book says to do it!")
I can say in an annoying voice that my older brother gave me this deck, so I decided to use it, but my opponent would have to let me look through the deck for twenty minutes at the beginning of the round.
I might also ask for help in pronouncing "Pernicious".
And I would give annoying nicknames to cards that nobody had ever heard of.

Anyway, most of the kids I've played have been more annoying than the older people I've played, so I'd probably be prepared.

(PS: The one strange old person I've ever seen playing was at the Invasion prerelease, and he put his name down at sign-up as "Buck Naked.")

C

Cateran Emperor

Hrmm, I could probably use some of that too based off what people know of me, specifically the politeness advantage. Excellent, now it's time to start setting up some overly obnoxious folks... :D <- (evil)