Alpen

G

Gizmo

Following the HILARIOUS trend of naming combo decks after cereal brands this is my new deck - Alpen. It doesn`t quite have the same ring to it as "I`m playing with Honey Nut Clusters", but the deck is better for you (just like Alpen - a muesli type affair).

I never said ALL my ideas were good.
This one will never make it as a tournament deck, but it should dominate non-tournament games. Killing turn 4 is difficult for this deck to do, but turn 6 is really easy.

Maybe I could make it a contest entry:
"I think Yawgmoth`s Bargain is an underrated card because InQuest only give it 4 Stars when it should have 5, so I built this deck to abuse it..."
Do you think I`d qualify?
:D

Alpen
v1.2

4 Duress
2 Vampiric Tutor
3 Dark Ritual
3 Yawgmoth`s Bargain
(12)

1 Peace And Quiet
4 Replenish
(17)

3 Hoodwink
4 Attunement
4 Donate
2 Frantic Search
4 Delusions Of Mediocrity
4 Parallax Tide
(37)

3 City Of Brass
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Underground River
6 Swamp
6 Island
(60)

NB: You often use the Tide to Turnabout your own lands to set up the kill.

I think it basically has too high a requirement for the kill, ie: two Delusions, two Donate, and 8 mana minimum (2 Donate, 1 Peace And Quiet), plus four land in play, a Ritual in hand would be nice, and you need to have found one of your W mana lands.
Hmm, after reading that back I`m inclined to put the deck to bed straight away.
But technically it has an okay chance of seeing all that if the Bargain comes out off the Replenish. I think the mana problem is going to be the biggest stumbling block, there doesn`t seem to be any acceptable way of stepping up from the four mana for the Replenish to the eight for the kill.

M

Mundungu

Gizmo :
What about splashing some white for flicker ?

It always seemd to me as the best addition to delusion/donate
it comes back to you while your opp looses 10 and you win 10, giving you the possibility to deeper in your deck.

Sure that makes it a 3 color deck ...

G

Gizmo

I think Alpen might be a European thing - it`s a Muesli.
In the interests of globalisation, have Americans heard of Weetabix? I don`t mind claling it Weetabix.

And there already is White in the deck, Peace And Quiet is a better option because you need to kill 2 Delusions anyway.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Never heard of Weetabix OR Muesli. You don't have to change it; if it works, the name's not going to matter anyway (in terms of whether people have heard it before).