Almindhra Card Pic...

A

Almindhra

I've cut, pasted, manipulated this pic to make the card for FoR's set...And use that program to put a pic in a card...I think I'll put it on my desktop after its all done...But I just wanted to know what you thought of Almindhra, the Chaotic...

http://almindhra.terrashare.com//almpic.JPG

I was thinking about making the robes darker...Maybe a bit of black and red for it...

C

Captain Caveman

Holy ****, thats a great picture.

[Minor edit on request, no biggy. --Zadok001]

[MY BAD! I thought the picture looked really good. You did
a great job with it!]

Caveman

[Edited by Captain Caveman on September 28th, 2000 at 08:29 PM]

M

Mordecai

I like the idea for a darker cloak. That's a very good idea.

Another possibility is making the cloak a dark blue or green to maintain some contrast with the background. I am, however, really bad with color, so you might not want to follow this suggestion. But definitely go with a darker cloak.

W

Whimsical

If you really looked like that, Mindi dahling ... and if I was male ... I'd marry you right off the bat. :D

Now where're those results?! ;)

H

Hawaiian mage

So Almindra, having a little self esteam problem I see...

[me]realizes the apocolyptic after math of what he just said.[/me]

Oops... Please don't kill me :(

F

Firestorm

I think any card with that pic would attract one hella lotta attention. :D

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I'm gonna be the rebel and say the picture was bad. I'm then going to kick my @$$ for being a friggen moron ova heeer. Ay, wassamat wit you? Gew stupid? Dat chick is friggen "a" baybe.

Gotta love my new jersian part

[Edited by Phyrexian Pie-Eater on September 28th, 2000 at 10:46 PM]

B

Bob

"Ooh, you are one mahat-mama! i would not let you in the Kwik-e-mart because you are smoking!"
And he's right.
but I doubt that's you in real life. I saw your picture on your website to see if you look like her, and I't doesn't REALLY look like you, but your real picture still is pretty.
:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great pic, but it does look too "pure" and "good" to be termed "chaotic". It looks more like an angel...

So the black and red is probably a good idea.

G

Gizmo

It still doesn`t seem particularly chaotic.
'Almindhra, Brazen Hussy' is perhaps a more apt description.
;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Umm... I have to agree with Gizmo. It looks like you just changed the type of medium of the picture is made from (or background or whatever) but not the actual pic. It looks like Aphrodite from Greek mythology, not Hel from Norse mythology (good vs. bad).

For a chaotic look you'd probably need to change to a darker color scheme (background, robes, whatever) and maybe put a "sneering" type expression (contempt-like) rather than the "relaxed" and content look she has now.

Just some suggestions, since you asked :)

R

rkoelsch

but I know several juveniles will choose the other picture over this.

ps I should probably note that the first picture was very attractive but didn't give the look you were looking for.

[Edited by rkoelsch on October 4th, 2000 at 09:32 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only other suggestion (and it might just be my screen resolution) is that the left hand seems a bit "fuzzy" or indistinct; not outlined very well, it gets lost in the light or reflection from her chest. So I would say make it more defined or have her left arm extend out from her body into the red background so you can see it better.

A

Almindhra

Hmmmm...I'm not having trouble seeing it...Is anyone else?...

Also, I really had a lot of fun making this picture...If anyone wants me to make a Magic card picture for them I will...With that one there I cut her body out of a pic and changed the colours of what she wearing, her hair, etc...( and I created that little spiral thing in between her hands, I'm so proud of that! )...And I created the backround of course...So if anyone has a fanasty pic, or any other pic you like, I'll make a picture for you...:)...And then you can use the Magic card program to put it into your very own Magic card...