Allow myself to introduce..my..self.

M

Mikeymike

Hey everyone,

I'm finally registered, been meaning to do it for awhile now and let me just say that I'm glad to be here. Just to tell ya a little bit about myself:

Been playing for close to 1.5 years, casual Type 1 from day one. I'm the youngest of our group of 4-6 guys 22-35 and play every Weds. night (although sometimes we get together a few times a week). Just like everyone else, I'm addicted to this cardboard heroin we call Magic.
We play 2 headed giant (my favorite), Emperor's, Chaos, Secret Kill, and Allies and enemies.

My favorite color I would have to say is green, with red and black close behind. I appreciate blue for its wacky combos but hate it for its overwhelming permission, and I'm not too crazy about white's slow, defensive nature, but I love its versatility.

I like to think of myself as a pretty good player, I can come up with some stupid degenerative combos (Alluren/Equilibrium, I swear on my life I did not steal this idea from anyone, even Theo from Casual Fridays) but my play faults usually fall in playing too aggressively, deckbuilding w/o enough removal, and trying to concentrate after 1 too many Coors Originals.

Anyway, I plan on participating a ton on the message boards and I'll be posting my dumb designs also, so feedback for me would be much obliged. I'll also keep my truck driver's mouth contained.

I'll keep in touch, have fun out there guys

Mike

P.S. Anyone in the Stamford, CT area let me know. We're always looking for more players.

F

FoundationOfRancor

hey man! welcome to the CPA! This place is great.

(Quick, edit in 'FoR Sent me here')

M

Multani

Tag Guard

The Great Multani, Maro-Sorcerer welcomes you to the CPA!
You'll find this place almost as addictive as Magic itself!
:)

M

Mikeymike

I've seen it on a few posts already but I'm in the dark as to what it means. Is it a reference to HTML tags, or maybe online freeze tag. If that's the case then you missed me, you just got my shirt.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

It is online freeze tag, sorta. ;)
(Uses treetrunk and bashes Mikey into the ground.)
Only a much more creative varient. :D

T

theorgg

Welcome, MM.

nice to have ya.

1.5 years?... that'd be Legacy, wouldn't it?

M

Mikeymike

Actually I started on Portal. Go ahead, laugh, but that was before I joined my group (don't sleep on Balance of Power, that card is no joke). I started about a month before Legacy in Legal cards w/ Saga and 5th. At this point I had yet to buy my own cards, I was using my friend's cards who started the same time as me. The first cards I bought was "The Crusher" theme deck, that thing was solid. Its funny beating people w/ pre-cons, they get very irritated.

G

Gumby Khan

Nice to meet you, MikeyMike. Hope you enjoy our little CPA, we like to call it home. If you want to get feedback on your posts, this is the place to get it. See ya,

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Welcome to the CPA. Hope you find your time here well spent. Just don't go into the Battle Arena, it's nothing but crap anymore. Oh, and look up "Pie!" by Istanbul; I can't remember the forum though.

A

Apollo

Allo and welcome to the CPA. What is "Secret Kill?"

By the way, "Pie" was in Off Topic.\

--So, FoR, that's your secret! I bet you didn't invite any of these people! It's all part of your plot to make us think that you're contributing in some way by inviting people so that we won't throw you out on your behind. You should be ashamed!

:) Just kidding, of course. You're not smart enough to come up with something like that. :D

Apollo

S

Spaceman Spiff

tag guard

LOL Apollo

anyway,
Welcome Mikeymike!!! have phun and dont pick fights, and Y was right the battle arena IS pointless now...

catch ya later!!

M

Mikeymike

Secret Kill can be played with however many players. Each writes their name on a piece of paper and drops it in a hat (or bowl or whatever is within reach). Then each player picks a name out of the hat and that name is the person who THEY have to kill in order to win. Of course all the names have to be concealed.

If you get your own name you have to take everyone else out before anyone pegs their target (and no, you don't win if you mana burn yourself to death :p). If someone else kills your target you again would have to kill everyone.

Its a fun spin on Chaos b/c the games are usually faster, very sneaky, and 1 player decks are actually stronger than chaos decks. Its a fun variant that worth a shot.
---
Don't worry, I'm a lover not a fighter, I won't be causing any ruckus.

T

theorgg

Portal ROCKS!

I bought a box...
before I knew it wasn't legal.

E-mail me with a list of the portal rares that you have. I might need them for my set.

do you have ICQ?
I'm The ORGG

M

Mikeymike

I'll let you know as soon as I get home from work (3.5 hours). Gotta warn you though, the condition of these cards isn't fantastic but there are some good ones. (Sorry, traded away the Wraths, Geddons and Archangel)

C

Cateran Overlord

I'll always say it to new members, dismiss a lot of what is said in most of the forums as mindless insanity (particularly anything by garfobosonfire). We're all full of it :) I hope you enjoy our little corner of the world and all the associated madness as much as the rest of us. ;)