All you musicians......

M

maraud234

Somebody posted a topic about weird instruments, and it caught my attention. I myself play an instrument, and I've always wanted to know if anybody else on the CPA does. If you do, tell me what instrument that you play. I myself play a bass guitar.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I can't find it using the Search engine. Does it only go back a year or so?

If someone else can find the original post, I'll merge these.

Otherwise, I used to play the cello and piano, and currently play handbells.

E

ErinPuff

This has been asked before, and I've replied before, but hey, I'll do it again..

I play flute and piano; I used to play recorder; I own an accordion, but it currently resides in my closet; and I can play a G chord on the guitar.

R

RabidKimba

I currently play piano, (9 years now,) and I've gone through Guitar, Saxophone, and 2 types of recorder. (still shudders when he hears the recorder)

A

Almindhra

I've played trombone for 10 years now, and I use to play cello for a one year.....

M

maraud234

I used to play the viola, clarinet, played trumpet for awhile, but am playing a bass now. I don't think many people know what a viola is.

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Yellowjacket
Mr. Lolli would be proud that you at least mentioned the "Cello" :).
Oh, and may I mention he was half of the reason I quit?....

And YJ, you play so many more instruments than just the drums!...I've heard you squeak on a trombone, *plah* on a clarinet, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc........

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I can play the Trumpet, Clarinet, and Piano fairly well. I can play 1 song on the Guitar(smells like teen spirit). I can play the harmonica half-way decent. But, my pride and joy instrument is my voice(yes, chorus members refer to their voices as instruments).

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Almindhra

Oh yeah, I sing too...I should have thought about going into musical theatre, but its amazing how one teacher can just bash down any slef esteem you have about yourself and your talents...:( ...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Actually, I used that for motivation. When I moved to Atlanta my junior year, I was transfered to a school that had a huge fine arts rep. While registering for classes, I mentioned my accomplishments back in El Paso and they placed me in the advanced chorus. This displeased the chorus teacher. She wanted me to audition. After I did audition, I was still in the advanced chorus, but I never got any school recognition because she only let her FAVORITE students, which I might add were the ones that she trained, get the good solos. That motivated me to show her up. My senior year was undoubtedly the best year of any other Chorus member that year. I was the only male from that school in All-State chorus, I signed up for all of the non-audition choruses, and I was the only chorus member in my county to make the ACDA Southern Division Honor chorus, a fancy way of saying All-South-of-the-Country chorus. On top of that, a college director was tracking me to try to get me to go to his chorus. My chorus teacher wasn't pleased.

Jerky people are always a motivation for me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

"A Duet for 3rd. Clarinet and Bass Drum" by YJ
3C: foooooo, foo-fooooo
BD: BOOM! boom-boom
3C: FOOO! foo-fo-foooo
BD: boom-ba-boom-boom

Yeah, Ally is a singer too, except she always got looked because of Lauren! <Lauren is a princess :))

A

Almindhra

Why oh why could I not have a beautiful screechy voice like her??!!.....

T

terzarima

"Why is a voila better than a violin"
"It burns longer"

Hehe, so many voila jokes, so little time....

I play the Baritone Saxaphone (and likewise, I can play all other saxaphones, within reason... I've never tryed the bass or contra-bass saxes...), the piano (8 or 9 years), oh and the oboe (but then I realized it was a bad instrument). I'm not bad at singing, me and Andrew always sing good arrogant worms :)