All you Baltimore folk

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking about getting back into Magic and I think I have a couple of free hours next Thursday evening 9/13. Does anyone want to meet at the WOTC store in Owings Mills Mall? I only have cards from Stronghold and earlier, so it'd have to be semi-Extended (at least, what I'd play).

R

Ravensect

Hey, I'd be interested in doing a draft there on Thursday. If you could get some more people interested...It would be a good way of catching up on some of the new stuff out there in a semi-level playing field...

A

Apollo

If you get your butt over to Cleveland, I'd be happy to play you.:)

We could get back into the game together!

K

krichaiushii

I think I have the evening off, so I guess I need to find Owings Mill Mall. I live in Laurel and work in Rockville, and would love to play - be warned that my remaining decks are all geared for multiplayer and lean more towards type 1 than type 2. Despite that, I even bought a few packs of Apocalypse before I stopped playing.

While I won't be playing any draft (can't afford it), I'll play casual games.

I'll let you know before Thursday.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ravensect: I appreciate your enthusiasm, although I don't think I'm ready or can afford to do draft right now (unless you're paying ;) ). I'm just getting back in, see, so I'm just going to play a couple of decks that I had when Tempest Block was Standard.

Apollo: I don't think a couple of hours will let me get over to Cleveland :)

krichaiushii: I'm glad you're interested, although I'm sorry it's such a hike for you. I only mentioned Owings Mill Mall because that's one of the few gaming stores in the Baltimore area that I'm familiar with (the other being Legends in Towson). If you can think of somewhere halfway, like Columbia or something, I can try to meet you there.

As I mentioned, my decks are more "Type 1.5-ish" and Extended since I have cards from Revised-Stronghold. Although my current decks are when Tempest Block was Standard (so hardly any Ice Age, for instance). But it's all "casual" and in fun, right? ;)

K

krichaiushii

I have Thursday off, and reconned the mall this past weekend. What time do you want to meet?

And its really not too far from where I live - maybe 45 minutes now that I know the way... I don't really know of any other places than Dream Wizards in Rockville, anyhow - though the Towson store sounds intriguing.

And my decks are type 1 by virtue of a smattering of Sol Rings, cards from old sets, etc. No power cards - even my dual lands are set aside for sale to another CPAer.

Though if you have an Altar of Dementia, I'll trade you a meal for it (trade stuff is set aside, as well).

Game on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'll have to get back to you on the exact hours, but I'm thinking 6-8 pm right now.

And I might have an Altar; I'll bring it if I have it and my "trade binder" that I haven't even looked at since whenever :)

K

krichaiushii

See you then, barring any emergencies. I've glasses, a goatee and a chthulu-esque tshirt to identify me by.

See you then.

Z

Zadok001

"See you then, barring any emergencies."

So, does this count as an emergency?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, techically, no, unless one of us had relatives or friends directly involved in the attack (which I had some extended family, but we checked on them and they're okay).

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Sadly tomorrow is one of the few days I must attend school. Is anyone in Baltimore going to the Prerelease? I most likely will be attending.

K

krichaiushii

Spiderman, Spiderman, wherefore art thou, Spiderman?

After a minor bit of misdirection, I arrived at WOTC around 630 pm, and found only a nest of vampires and a few souls playing Everquest.

But not all is lost, as I ended up following my nose into a candle store and found some nice scents.

Maybe next time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't get or check your PMs since Wednesday? I apologize heartily, I guess I should have put it here too/instead.

I had an "emergency" (not really, but something else came up unfortunately) and was unable to make it. I apologize for making you drive all the way up with almost nothing to show for it :( I am really, really sorry.

Please try to PM me to make sure it's working and that I have another private question to ask you.