Alara Reborn Spoiler

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Anyone see anything particularly good? I suppose Nemesis of Reason could be used in a milling deck, but I don't really care for it. Soulquake just seems too expensive. Aven Mimeomancer could combo with some stuff, but the color combination might make it not worth the effort. Bituminous Blast is in another color combination I don't really use, but looks cool (kill a creature and dig for another spell). Sphinx of the Steel Wind looks like an obvious reanimation target. No trample or haste, though, so maybe people won't use it...

M

mythosx

Wow, Just wow...

It's gonna be a fun set.

Jenara is wicked strong.

D

DarthFerret

Jenara is pretty evil. I do like the Nemesis myself, since it would fit right into a milling deck that I already have built (uses Time Spiral, Diminishing Returns, and a whole bunch of discard and bounce stuff like Warped Devotion, Recoil, etc...). Other than that, this appears to be a take back to the 3-color power ideas that were around pre-Ravnica.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Thraximundar has a cool name and could be a lot of fun. Time Sieve is the one that's caught my eye, though. How to break it...

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
From Flores' article:

This card is pretty cool. If it were an instant it would be so awesome in my Toshi/VWR deck. But it isn't. As a sorcery it just isn't that good, but nonland permanents, well, pretty good. It'll have to compete with Pernicious deed in my decks though. I'll have to find a spot for it in my EDH deck!

EDIT: Added the picture - Spidey

Attachments

M

mythosx

Maelstorm pulse...The cost is too cheap for the effect. Desert twister cost GG4.

Does anyone notice how Time Sieve and Thraximundar is a win combo? Sac 5 artifact creatures and you get to attack twice with an 11/11.