Akroma in Time Spiral!!!! (sort of...)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
MtgSalvation.com Thread

I just saw a commercial on Adult Swim that shows Akroma, Angel of Wrath with a purple Time Spiral symbol and an original card face design! This thread discusses it more.

I don't believe that these card will be legal to play with in Standard legal, but still.... it's pretty awesome and a nice way to introduce older cards to newer players!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, you remember the debate on how many cards were in the set? 301 vs. 422? Well, apparently there are 301 Time Spiral expansion cards, but there are 121 REPRINT cards that are not considered part of the set.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

But that's no reason why they shouldn't be type 2 legal. I think a lot of people will be annoyed to buy new packs and collect new cards they aren't allowed to play in Standard tournaments.

But you could be right of course; like they said on mtgsalvation: :
"We don't know how this'll work: its not like they did this before."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, okay. It's not official news, just "speculation".

So these are supposed to replace the Pro Tour cards? Huh.... I'd venture that they'd have different back so you can't play with them, just see what was in past sets, as someone mentioned. So they don't break the official reprint policy, which means they can print powerful/cool/broken cards...

Tag Guard

L

Limited

I don't think they'd change the backs; it would me the cards unplayable for a large group of players.

And, as far as mtgsalvation is concerned, these cards won't replace the Pro Tour cards or foils.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No, they AREN'T going to replace PT cards (re-read the thread). PT cards have been confirmed for TS.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I mis-read the part about replacing the Pro Player cards.

It would make sense to change the back if they're not considered part of the set, just "introductory" cards for players to see what was in past sets.

If they do have the same backs and are usable, they'd most likely follow the reprint policy (but of course, that can be broken too).

I guess I'd wait for an official statement from WOTC - probably coming from Aaron.

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, we have to wait. But the speculation is pretty intense right now.

*Ransac steals Spidey's wallet and webshooters while Spidey is lost in deep thought.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Well, it's not entirely unprecedented, although the distribution may be. Reminds me of Chronicles.

N

Nightstalkers

Well, don't look to me... I don't know a thing about this crap stunt WotC is pulling. It wasn't mentioned when the cards were developed.

O

orgg

Let's chalk this up as another victory for the CPA!

Chronicals II!

We clamored for it (a few years ago...), and we've GOT IT!
(rumors go that the 121 cards are going to be one of the 'commons,' and that there's going to be ten actual 'Time Spiral' commmons in the packs.