Aggro on the blue side of things

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

MUA. Mono-Blue Aggro. What comes to mind? (If you say merfolk, i swear I will kick your oink)
Let's hear some Ideas!
To be quite honest, this is just an alternative for MUC, which i hate beyond imagination.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Flying Men + Unstable Mutation is a great combo for this idea. Serendib Efreet and Troublesome Spirit are good, too. We could just build a Blue Skies deck and take out the counter/bounce and add more boost.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

I love Vescerid Deepwalker/Sea Spirit + Zephid's Embrace/Protective Bubble. I won a lot of games like that.

R

Rakarth

I'm trying currently to build a more aggro based blue deck using unblockable creatures like Phantom Warrior and Sneaky Homunculus to make sure the damage gets through and then using ninja and their ninjutsu to do damage and draw/bounce etc.

I'm also having a go at making blue monsters, like Dandan, Sea Monster and Sea Serpent, unblockable by using Fishliver Oil etc and Vedalken Plotter/Lingering Mirage to change opponent's lands to Islands so the Islandwalk takes effect

It might be that these ideas are a little unfeasible but I'm gonna keep trying:p
Flyers always seem to crop up in blue aggro as people have pointed out and there seems to be an abundance of small cheap flyers. I can't suggest really great ones though, I can't think of any at the moment :D

Rakarth

B

BigBlue

I have 2 Monoblue decks... (It's been a long time since I played - so I'm very rusty on their exact contents)...

Big Blue (which would be very weak in tournament play) Features Counters, Control, Counters, and a few big fliers w/ some bounce.

Baby Blue - which is a lot of bounce and make things expensive for others... I use things like Rhystic Study, Wash Out, 187 bounce, and some pirates (the ones where opponents have to pay when they come in play or sacrifice permanents). It has counterspell and maybe one other counter...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I personally don't like playing mono-blue anymore. It's much more effective to pair blue with a second color for an effective kill condition, like wrath of god and other board clearers for a millstone deck, or red for counter-burn, or green for Tempo.

Ransac, cpa trash man