After more than a decade, hello!

C

Child of Gaea

Wanted to say omg I remembered my password and it is really cool to seem you all again. I'm returning to the MTG community and its good to see everyone that is still here and the new members that have come!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey there. I didn't even start lurking here until after you left, but I've been here pretty much the whole time since 2004 (technically I was lurking and tried to register in 2003, but due to some computer issue that I barely remember, I was initially unable to join the site from home). Good to see you back anyway.

C

Child of Gaea

Nice, you have done some very nice work here and I appreciate what you have done to help keep content fresh. I hope to get to know you all more as we go!

C

Child of Gaea

And I just saw for the first time my nice old signature... Maybe I should change that, my wife and daughter would probably like if I did hehe

Killer Joe

@Child of Gaea: were you still around here after 9/11? Things got very dark here for a long while, there was lots of heated discussions and a few trolls, too.

C

Child of Gaea

No, that was right at the time I was unfortunately selling most of my cards. Kicking myself forever for that. I was happily surprised to see new values on some things though such as guru lands , wastelands, lions eye diamonds etc. Why did things go bad then? I have been reading in an attempt to catch up but didn't see any of that...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think KJ is talking about some of the arguments here over current events and political happenings.

As for cards gaining value, a lot of that could be attributed to the rise of Legacy as a popular format. The guru lands are more of a "pimp my deck" thing some people do, but Wasteland and LED definitely shot up because of their use in Legacy. LED was going to go up anyway because it's just such a powerful card that was underrated for the first several years of its life, and it's on the Reserved List. The most notorious cases of prices skyrocketing for Legacy-relevant cards, in addition to Wasteland and LED, are Force of Will, the Onslaught fetchlands, Karakas, Rishadan Port, and the Revised dual lands.

Killer Joe

I recently traded one of my wastelands for nearly a $100 worth of cards. I have a Guru Island, it lists for $200, but no takers.