Advisory Panel...

A

Almindhra

Just wanted to let you guys know what Wizards is up to...Check out some questions:

Q14 Which of the following television shows have you ever seen? (Select all that apply)
RobotWars
Battlebots
Robotica

Q15 Using a scale from 1 to 5 where a 5 means you love it and a 1 means you hate it, please rate each of these television shows.

Q16 How often do you play online games?(Select only one)

Q17 When you play online games, how long do you typically play for each time? (Select only one)

Q18 How much do you typically spend on online games each month? (Select only one)

Q19 Which of these online games, if any, do you play at least once a month? (Select all that apply)
Apprentice
Everquest
Diablo II
Asheron's Call
Any Fantasy sports leagues
Any free online games such as hearts, chess, etc.
Some other online game
None of the above

Q20 What is your favorite online game?

So what is Wizards up to????

R

Rando

I would bet an online gladiator player-on-player robot simulator.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

They could probably get a license on BattleBots or one of the other shows.

H

Hetemti

What pissed me off is that Q13 wouldn't let you not choose "Have played," or one of the "purchaced withing the last X" ones. I don't give a Plague Rat's ass about their crappy little miniature games.

But for online, I listed two. Unreal Tournament and Apprentice. :) Encyc was too frikkin' expensive. And it did stupid things.

T

theorgg

On the Robot Vs Robot shows: they are probably looking to find out which ones would be the best to have commercials with.

I hope they have a new one, and have them somewhere for download!

that would be sweeeeet!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone remember Autoduel? A sort of RPG from Steve Jackson that got made into a middle '80s computer game? You custom designed a car with all sorts of offensive and defensive weapons and armor and went a-hunting. Maybe they got the license to do that... :p

Z

Zadok001

Well, I watched an episode of Robotica out of sheer idiotic curiousity. It was fairly amusing. :) Battlebots is neat too, but not as varied. (Furthermore, a friggin' riding mower won. THAT'S amusing.)

T

terzarima

I don't remember those questions, maybe it was on this months. Wait... I just haven't checked my mail. It always starts out talking about cards, so I assume that's still their main focus.

Maybe they're going to replace their staff with robots and make them kill each other. That's my guess at least.

As for the online games, perhaps wizards will release their own version of apprentice, or somesort of game. It also asked how long you spent on online games, obviously, they're checking out profits in making a game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but if it's an online game, they've got to be careful. A whole slew are coming out within the next year (Star Wars and Neverwinter Nights to name the biggies) so they have to find a "niche" that others aren't doing. I can't remember if anyone's doing Mechwarrior, for instance, so they could be looking at that.

C

Chaos Turtle

According to my source* the Star Wars Online game won't reach wide release until 2003.

(*the E3 report from this month's Computer Gaming World )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it's not a year. ;) But they've been working on it for a while. If WOTC is just starting to collect data from a survey, they're still behind in development...