About the set realeases....

Z

Zero

I hate the speeds at which the sets come out. I know this must be an old topic, so I wont stay at it. But: (This is te twist)

What do you feel on the timing of the set releases (standard and expansion), and what would you do instead?

End.

C

Cateran Emperor

Now with Urza's block gone, I have no desire to see the sets rotated so quickly. At the same time, they can't take too long or the game will stagnate. I'd be fine with an expansion every 6 months, making every rotation half a year longer, and make the basic set every 3 years.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
set expansions have always been about 3 months since the beginning of time, nothing's changed about that (not sure if that was implied but felt like saying it).

But I agree with CE, a bi-annual expansion schedule would probably be better now.

N

NeuroDeus

Why not the send us 5 boxes of each other set free at home... Im sure we wouldn't complain about how fast the sets are getting out...

A

Apollo

Ditto Spidey and CE. Two sets a year would be good, and I don't think we need to rotate the base set all that often (especially since every time they do it, it gets worse and worse).

M

Mr_Pestilence

I've been asking for 2 sets per year, but I guess that hasn't done any good. Being a Magic player means being poor, I guess.

It's a good thing you can burn extra commons for heat...

L

Landkiller

If the sets were smaller, they could do more sets a year. That's what I would do. One set for each color, and one set for multi-color and artifact combined, each released binannually for 12 sets a year.

Ha.